unlucky
Undefined template_c problem
  • 2006/2/27 17:49

• unlucky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/26

Hello,

I am having a strange problem that I cant pinpoint. The problem is that I keep getting the following error:

Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 279
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 280
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 375
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: topic_rssfeed_link in file templates_c/%%65^65E^65EDD54A%%db%3Anews_index.html.php line 3
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: topic_description in file templates_c/%%65^65E^65EDD54A%%db%3Anews_index.html.php line 20
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_module_header in file templates_c/%%4E^4E4^4E4EB9FF%%theme.html.php line 34
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_lblocks in file templates_c/%%4E^4E4^4E4EB9FF%%theme.html.php line 154
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_showcblock in file templates_c/%%4E^4E4^4E4EB9FF%%theme.html.php line 173
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_showrblock in file templates_c/%%4E^4E4^4E4EB9FF%%theme.html.php line 249

What is weird about it is that it keeps coming and going. Like the page will work for a while and then it will suddenly break. When it breaks, I can see the header and footer of the page, but nothing else. The database is still there (I can access admin and stuff), but it wont display anything else.

I tried a few different things, like changing the permissions on template_c/ and cache/ to 777 just to test, then I deleted everything out of template_c/. These things fixed it temporarily (well, I think... it is hard to tell if it fixed it or if the page just decided to work again). But then just a little while later it broke again.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

I am using XOOPS 2.2. Let me know if you need more information that that.

unlucky
Re: Undefined template_c problem
  • 2006/2/27 20:58

• unlucky

• Just popping in

New change of events...

Now I am having a fun problem where nothing shows up on the site at all. I cleaned out template_c again because my site went stupid and I thought that it might fix it like it did before. It didnt. I would only get blank white pages, with nothing on them at all. I couldnt log in as admin to change settings or anything.

With some manual dbase changes I got debug on, and this is what it shows:

Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 279
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 280
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 375
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: timezone_offset in file kernel/object.php line 279
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: timezone_offset in file kernel/object.php line 280
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: timezone_offset in file kernel/object.php line 375

Does anyone have any clue what could be causing this? I cant get into my site to administer it, I cant see it, nothing.

I have no clue what to do now.

unlucky
  • 2006/2/28 2:48

• unlucky

• Just popping in

Anyone have anything at all?

The page comes up blank, going to www.mysite.com/admin.php and www.mysite.com/user.php both give me nothing but blankness.

I cant log in, I cant get to the admin section, I cant get anything to appear at all.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what could even be hte cause of this? It is almost like it cant find the templates or something.

unlucky
  • 2006/3/1 1:41

• unlucky

• Just popping in

Ok, so I finally got debugging to work. The site is still screwed to all hell, but I can see a little better.

Here is an updated output of the debug:

Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 282
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 283
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme in file kernel/object.php line 378
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: timezone_offset in file kernel/object.php line 282
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: timezone_offset in file kernel/object.php line 283
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: timezone_offset in file kernel/object.php line 378

So that is all that is showing, but the SMARTY Debug now pops up too. According to the SMARTY, everything is there. It shows everything loaded into the page, and what not. But all that shows up are these notices.

Anyone got anything to shed some light on this situation? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Anonymous
  • 2006/3/1 3:59

• Anonymous

• Since:

Have you tried using the default theme?

unlucky
  • 2006/3/1 4:25

• unlucky

• Just popping in

When I finally got recovery.php to work, I set everything to default. It showed no difference.

[EDIT] However, if I set the theme to anything other than DEFAULT and my own custom theme, it works but with a lot of warnings (even when I turn off debug). So now it looks like there is a problem with my theme and default... any suggestions from that? [/EDIT]

unlucky
  • 2006/3/1 17:31

• unlucky

• Just popping in

Ok, after two or three days of this crap, I fixed it.

First, I had to hack up recovery.php in order to get the debug to work (stupid PM using the same database key). Then, once I got a bit better understanding of what was going on, I tried playing around with some different themes (as per Juliette's advice) and found that the default one and my custom theme wouldnt work, but the other themes would.

So I figured something about the themes were corrupt, so I uploaded a fresh copy of my custom theme (I dont happen to have a copy of the default one here) and that worked, but some of the modules (specifically the News module) didnt work right.

So I went into the templates and deleted all the ones being used by the afflicted module and regenerated them. Now everything seems to work fine.

Still not sure what caused the problem in the first place, but it works now.

Login

Who's Online

65 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 65

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits