Bulls
Which file to edit?
  • 2004/4/12 15:36

• Bulls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Hello

Hopefully not too difficult a question to answer?

As a subforum hack is not available i intend (and need) to install another forum package. Have already got it up and running on my test site infact. Now i need to tie it into the XOOPS interface. The Forum link on the main menu needs to point to the new forum installation. Where do i find the necessary file for me to edit?

Cheers

Bulls
Sites-4u

CBlue
Re: Which file to edit?

Go to system admin > modules > and change the order number for the forum module to 0 to keep it from showing up in your main menu. Then go to blocks admin and click edit by the main menu block and then click edit template and add in the link to your new forum. Just make sure you use the same class for your newly added link as the other links are using.

For example you would add your new link like this:

<a class="menuMain" href="http://www.url-to-your-board" target="_blank">Forum</a>

This will only work if you have cloned your default template. To do that, click on templates in your system admin and click on the clone link by your default template and name it default new or whatever you want. Then go to preferences > general settings and change your default template option to the new default template you created. That will allow you to directly edit the templates for your blocks.

Bulls
  • 2004/4/12 16:12

• Bulls

• Just popping in

Thanks CBlue

Much appreciated.

Bulls
Sites-4u

CBlue

You're welcome Bulls! :)

Bulls
  • 2004/4/12 21:20

• Bulls

• Just popping in

Thanks CBlue

Worked a treat. Thank god for a test site though all the same.

Code needed to be inserted up high on the list otherwise i had multiple forum links showing on the main block.

Must say that the programming and designing on these portals and forums is quite something. I have a tendency to delve into files and manipulate things from within but this stuff is so well organised.

Time forra can i think to celebrate.

Cheers

Bulls
Sites-4u

CBlue

You're welcome again Bulls. Glad you got it working right for you.

script_fu

Hi... I've tryied several times to insert a new link into my main menu and it does work. My question is how can the link be placed where you want it to be... (AKA) alphabetical order.

Again how do I get the link (Forum) to line up between

Faq

Forum

Headlines

Regards

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits