El_Jordo

Just popping in
Posted on: 2004/2/20 13:51
El_Jordo
El_Jordo (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2003/4/23

"Mail Users" not mailing all users

When I try to send mail to my registered members who accept notification, it loads the first page with the first 100 users on it just fine. Then I click the next button, and I get a blank page. This problem only started happening since I upgraded to 2.0.6.

When it first happened, I was using Safari in OS X, and I thought it might be a browser-related bug. So I sent another mail in IE, but the same thing happened.

I know the logical next step is to turn on PHP Debug and see what happens at the blank page, but I really don't want to turn off my users by sending repeated e-mails. Is there a way to find out what's wrong without sending another mass e-mail?

Is it possible that one of my users has an invalid or expired e-mail address, and that's crashing the whole process? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Thanks!

djsckizo

Just can't stay away
Posted on: 2004/2/20 13:54
djsckizo
djsckizo (Show more)
Just can't stay away
Since: 2003/5/9 8

Re: "Mail Users" not mailing all users

I've had the same problem. I had forgotten about it until I saw this message, because I don't send out a lot of email...I think I've only sent 2 lol. Still, I wasn't able to figure out what it was either.

tom

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2004/2/20 16:29
tom
tom (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS
Since: 2002/9/21

I've had problems with mass mail for a long time now, I think it would work better if it split mail up into a definable number, ie admin can send 30 out, once done it then sends the next lot with confimation of admin click, I say this as it works with small groups of members but not with 1000+

MassMail to members

El_Jordo

Just popping in
Posted on: 2004/2/20 17:24
El_Jordo
El_Jordo (Show more)
Just popping in

Thank you! I feel better knowing this is a known problem that affects most XOOPS users.

The nature of my site requires that I e-mail users weekly. Let's hope this gets fixed in the near future!

djsckizo

Just can't stay away
Posted on: 2004/2/20 22:57
djsckizo
djsckizo (Show more)
Just can't stay away
Since: 2003/5/9 8

It just occured to me that I get mail from Eclipse Magazine, which runs off of Xoops. I wonder how they do it...

El_Jordo

Just popping in
Posted on: 2004/2/21 1:27
El_Jordo
El_Jordo (Show more)
Just popping in

Indeed. Do you know what version they use, and if they've hacked their mail_users file? That might be something to ask them.