Technicum
Shoutbox 5.01 module not accessible
  • 2015/6/1 13:54

• Technicum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/6 5

Hi,

Being busy with putting my Xoops site back online, I noticed that the chatmodule Shoutbox doesn't work anymore. Previously on Xoops 2.3.x it worked like a charm, but know, the only usergroup able to use the shoutbox-block is the ones for the admins.

The other usergroups get to see the block, but in the area where the posted chats are supposed to be, there is my Xoops website like an iframe, with a Xoops error message, stating that the users hasn't got the right permissions to visit that section of the website....

I've double-checked my permissions-settings in the for the usergroups and am sure that they've got the Access Permission for the Shoutbox set.

You guys have any suggestions?

xoobaru
Re: Shoutbox 5.01 module not accessible
  • 2015/6/1 22:54

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:
in the area where the posted chats are supposed to be, there is my Xoops website like an iframe

Private messaging, Shoutbox and the obsolete xoopschat all like to use that background image which unfortunately requires a hack to remove. I have never run into a situation where these images in blocks did not stick out like a sore thumb.

I just installed SB5.0.1, dragged the block into the right column, opened the blocks edit dialog and selected admin and registered users (as opposed to setting in group permissions as you did). Logged on as both and was able to successfully shout back and forth with no problem.

Shoutbox footer displays:

"Powered by xuups"

Technicum
  • 2015/6/2 16:13

• Technicum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/6 5

Quote:

xoobaru wrote:
Quote:
in the area where the posted chats are supposed to be, there is my Xoops website like an iframe

Private messaging, Shoutbox and the obsolete xoopschat all like to use that background image which unfortunately requires a hack to remove. I have never run into a situation where these images in blocks did not stick out like a sore thumb.

I just installed SB5.0.1, dragged the block into the right column, opened the blocks edit dialog and selected admin and registered users (as opposed to setting in group permissions as you did). Logged on as both and was able to successfully shout back and forth with no problem.

Shoutbox footer displays:

"Powered by xuups"

Hmm, you're right. When i put my "testing" user account from one of my own created usergroups to the "registered users" group, and login with that account, i am able to use the shoutbox!

Weird, though that users who are in a self-created group can't use the SB and users in a system-created group can...

xoobaru
  • 2015/6/2 17:01

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

1. How did the user(s) for the self created group create the custom group?

2. In the block admin gui, click on the "Edits" icon for your Shoutbox block.

Do you see your custom group listed within the group permissions box?
Is your custom group selected (highlighted)?

Normally items highlighted here should mirror the states of the block select check boxes as configured in the group permissions admin gui (for each group).

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits