scasmar
using xoops for online newspaper
  • 2013/10/21 8:29

• scasmar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/29

I have long been thinking of making a online newspaper in my city, I have some time to work with xoops, but can not find the appropriate module to do so, since none displays the news with images included as other cms, which is why I'm considering doing so with another, such as "wordpress or joomla". you can advise me on this? That module I can use that I may have to make a newspaper?.
With the design I feel the same, do not find a suitable theme for a newspaper, no matter what I pay for the design. know some design or designer to go with it?

Thank you very much for your invaluable help

Sorry for my English, I use google translator

Bleekk
Re: using xoops for online newspaper
  • 2013/10/21 8:56

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

Hi,

I am working right now with the xnews module. This one allows you to have article images.
http://sourceforge.net/p/xoops/svn/HEAD/tree/XoopsModules/xnews/trunk/modules/xnews/

There are a lot of designs for xoops. Plase take a look here
http://www.xoops-theme.com/modules/myalbum/themes.php?catid=98

Take a look at this one, maybe it needs a little bit work (it's one of my themes)
http://www.bleekk.com/demo/bleekk-news/modules/news/

scasmar
  • 2013/10/21 9:24

• scasmar

• Just popping in

Thanks you very much for your quick answer, i used your theme in my first project and i like very much, but how you said now it need a little bit work. But really i have got it like my first option.

About the xnews i never use it, i have use news 1.62, publisher and AMS but never xnews. I will check it.

Thanks you again.

Mamba
  • 2013/10/22 15:44

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I am working right now with the xnews module.

xNews is not developed anymore, so be careful there.

I hope, we'll find some people willing to work on merging News, xNews, and AMS into one module.

The other option is to focus only on Publisher, provide several cool templates designed specifically for Publisher, like the Enzyme theme, and have a good "import" function, that would import the data from News, xNews, and AMS into Publisher.

We clearly have too many similar module and forks of News, and it is becoming a maintenance nightmare, and a confusion for users.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

scasmar
  • 2013/10/22 17:13

• scasmar

• Just popping in

Mamba thank you very much, as always, these attentive to all and helping everyone.

About the publisher module, you're right it is very useful, but to try to make a newspaper online, I see limitations on the inclusion of images in the news, and you have to do this including the image in the text, and not adapted to block size or design of the page. at least that's what I happened to me when I've used, although I am a beginner user.

But undoubtedly publisher is a module with unlimited possibilities as Heyula shows us again and again. And surely in the near future will be what I'm looking for exactly.

But like I said I think right now xoops maybe not the best choice for an online diary.

Thanks again to all for your help.

Mamba
  • 2013/10/22 17:27

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

My suggestion: hire Heyula or Bleekk to design the theme for you, and they will tell us exactly what is missing in Publisher to make the theme work, and we'll try to make it happen.

The best way to improve a module is to have a real application for it, that could be used by many other people, and then make those changes. If this is only a "one-off" feature, then probably it won't be worth to change the whole module for it, but a "newspaper" application would be something of interest to many.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

scasmar
  • 2013/10/23 5:51

• scasmar

• Just popping in

I agree with you, I will contact them by private for check price to "make or alter" a theme for a newspaper, but my budget is very limited, I do not mind that after the design is free to the community, I think there are many people who use the web to create newspapers or journals online and if we get xoops be used for that purpose, can be a great leap for our CMS.

I will keep you informed on the matter and the evolution of my project, because I'm sure there are more people interested in doing this kind of web pages.

New thank you very much for your help.

Login

Who's Online

294 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 294

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits