barfly320
building Modules
  • 2013/7/28 5:10

• barfly320

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/6/26

I have dreamweaver cs5. I am just getting to learn it. I was wondering if that is a good one to build modules with or is there something that is easier. I keep looking back and just don't see any new ones that I'm looking for.

Also I would like to know how to merge 3 data bases into one

www.elgg.chaotichealth.com

www.chaotichealth.com

www.chaotichealth.com/forums

I want that to be one log in for all.

Thanks

Mamba
Re: building Modules
  • 2013/7/28 5:55

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The best IDE for PHP development is PhpStorm. I highly recommend it!

Reg. the same login for your all three systems, I don't think, it will be possible. You could move the data from MyBB to XOOPS and use NewBB.

I don't know what you're using Elgg for, but if there is a module with similar functionality that you're looking for, then you could use it too.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

From a quick look to your sites I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish?

Looks like you want a regular main site, a forum and a blog of some sort.

Unless I am mistaken you could do all three with currently available modules and not use separate items.

If you get the latest module pack I believe you will find both a forum and publisher in that pack. The Forum module included would work well for you in place of the forum you post there and publisher would work instead of your current blogging system.

If publisher doesn't work for you then there is a wordpress module available that allows you to use wordpress as a module under xoops. Although I am unsure if it is updated for 2.5.6.

Mamba, I haven't heard of that one. I will have to check that out. I am using an add on to Visual Studio to edit with but it is supposed to require a paid registration to work fully. If you are used to using Visual Studio I have used PHP tools for Visual Studio. $79 for individual or $149 for commercial. Free version is somewhat limited but works for me.

http://www.devsense.com/

redheadedrod

I just looked through PhpStorm. Are you using the Open Source version Mamba?

Looks promising and with the open source version it would be nice to use. It is comparable in price to what the PHP tools for Visual studio is. Although it requires a full version of Visual Studio to work. It supports the majority of the features PhpStorm does plus some other ones. But I will be downloading PhpStorm and going from there. (I would also qualify for the educational version if I so desired.)

Downloaded trial... Will play around with this.. Might get me motivated to get some projects completed.. ;)

Rodney

barfly320
  • 2013/10/13 22:56

• barfly320

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/6/26

Thank guys. I got a little fed up with the lack of time and not figuring things out right away. So I went a tried a few other content managers out. I'm back to xoops. Wordpress and drupal just didn't cut it for me. I deleted everything and I'm starting from scratch

Mamba
  • 2013/10/27 0:25

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I'm back to xoops. Wordpress and drupal just didn't cut it for me.

Welcome back!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits