iunderwood
Differences between XOOPS 2.5.5 and 2.6?

I've seen a whitepaper post by Wishcraft, and I've looked at a few of the 2.6 modules and it seems to be there's been a bunch of changes to some basic functions.

What is a good resource to keep track of all the changes going on in 2.6 versus earlier revisions of the code? I'm going to start putting together a doc on my findings and want to know a good place to get information.

Mamba
Re: Differences between XOOPS 2.5.5 and 2.6?
  • 2013/7/4 1:30

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You can start a topic in our Wiki, but I would recommend to wait a little bit.

The current version is not even Alpha 3, i.e. it is an experimental version. Once we get into a Beta series, then the developers will decide what will stay, and what will be changed, i.e. there might be tons of changes yet to come.

The key will be to agree what is good from the new features, and then making sure that the transition from XOOPS2.5.x is as smooth as possible.

Let's make sure that all the most important XOOPS modules are converted to use XOOPS API and the XOOPS Admin GUI on XOOPS 2.5.x. There are still many modules that would need help, and it is definitely a great exercise to learn XOOPS module development with the new API. So if you have extra time, please help with other XOOPS modules that need conversion.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits