xoobaru
Theme switching by group
  • 2013/7/3 1:13

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Has anyone given any thought to the concept of theme switching (not mobile theme switching) by group? Simply stated, login in to our groups theme. But then again that might not work too well because some users can be in multiple groups.

Just wondering...

Mamba
Re: Theme switching by group
  • 2013/7/3 1:24

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You would have to look into Defacer to see if this is doable at all.

I think, it can currently only do for pages/modules, so I am not sure if it could be enhanced to include a logic for groups as well.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

xoobaru
  • 2013/7/3 1:35

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

I just figured out one way of doing it.

Since the profile has a a theme preference selector, the admin can select the users theme and then figure out someway to hide the feature from the user. Every time they log in from that point forward they land in their group theme. This would only be practical in closed site mide, where admin sets up all user accounts.

redheadedrod

This is a feature I want to add to groups but I have been busy and not able to work on some things I really want to work on. I got a new PHP book recently which should help get me motivated to finish a couple of projects I promised to get done. (They had a short chapter on the PDO connector that answered some of the questions I was working through on the PDO connector I need to finish up.)

If I get to it this summer I want to revamp the groups and permissions system and this is one of the items I was looking at to add.

Mamba
  • 2013/7/3 19:08

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
the admin can select the users theme and then figure out someway to hide the feature from the user.

Are you going then to set it manually for each user individually?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

809 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 809

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits