biomech
"User Profile" Module Broken
  • 2013/3/18 4:07

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

Hi All,

I seem to have broken my User Profile module (User Profile 1.79 (2012/6/18)
by Jan Pedersen; Taiwen Jiang; alfred; Wishcraft). Environment: XOOPS 2.5.5

I'm not sure what I've done, but:

1) Existing users can log in, but get "Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area." when trying to Log Out.
2) New users cannot register because the CAPTCHA code doesn't display in the registration form like it used to.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the module, but that didn't fix the problem. I'm suspecting a permissions issue, but not sure.

Any idea what might be causing this?

-b-

redheadedrod
Re: "User Profile" Module Broken

Try deleting all of the cache files. Also what PHP and MySQL versions are you running?

biomech
  • 2013/3/18 11:38

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks.

I deleted the 3 types of cache files listed in Control Panel / System / Maintenance, but still get this message where the captcha should be on the registration page: "Solve Puzzel Input error: Invalid referer "

PHP Version: 5.3.16
MySQL Version: 5.1.65-cll

- b -

Anonymous
  • 2013/3/18 11:50

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
User Profile module (User Profile 1.79 (2012/6/18) by Jan Pedersen; Taiwen Jiang; alfred; Wishcraft). Environment: XOOPS 2.5.5

I see it's the Wishcraft fork you are using, not the original module delivered with xoops 2.5.5. Are you really using any of the enhancements Wishcraft added? If not I would advice you to revert back to the original profile module!

biomech
  • 2013/3/18 12:11

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

When I disabled the module, the captcha no longer appears in the registration form. I'd also like to be able to customize user profile fields, if possible.

- b -

biomech
  • 2013/3/18 14:05

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

It seems what I was referring to in the post above was just the native system user info, not the profile module. For some reason I didn't have the profile module that came with Core (I probably deleted it by accident). Downloaded Core, uploaded and installed module, all seems to be working ok now.

Thanks for pointing that out.

- b -

Mamba
  • 2013/3/18 14:38

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Unfortunately, Wishcraft's modules are sometimes on the "bleeding edge" !
You have some innovative features, but you also bleed a lot

The original User Profile coming with XOOPS has been tested over and over, and there are no known bugs.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2013/3/18 16:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

I would suggest to update the module version to 2.0 in xoops 2.5.6 final, or at least a number above 1.79. This helps prevent confusion about the prefered official profile module to use.

Mamba
  • 2013/3/18 16:08

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I would suggest to update the module version to 2.0 in xoops 2.5.6 final, or at least a number above 1.79. This helps prevent confusion about the prefered official profile module to use.

That's actually a good idea....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Quote:

flipse wrote:

This will not work...

The Xoops organization needs to come up with a policy for anything added into the SVN. I will expand upon this more later... Even though it is an open source organization this is a perfect example of why we need to have a policy in place and in order to place modules in the SVN the policy needs to be followed or the modules will be removed and potentially the developers SVN posting rights can be removed.

By calling it 2.0 what stops someone from releasing a version 2.01...

I will start a new thread for this discussion as soon as I get home...

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits