aznative75
Xoops 2.06 on PHP5
  • 2013/2/8 8:47

• aznative75

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/2/8 8

I have 110 websites running on 1 installation of Xoops 2.0.6 and it's been a charm for the past 8 years, until today!

My provider went to PHP 5.3 today and the mydownloads 1.04 module that came with Xoops 2.0.6 stopped working.

I know most (maybe all?) of 2.0.6 was generally PHP 5 compatiable but I'm at a loss as where to begin fixing the mydownloads module.

IF I do to System and try to update the module:
Could not update mydownloads

If I try to open a file that already exists:
Sorry you do not have permissions

The blocks don't seem to work either. However, the admin panel is there, I can see all the downloads in the backend and I can see everything on the public side too. All the downloads are listed.

I'm rough on the PHP and just looking for some good starting points. OF course, if anyone has THE solution, even better!

Much appreciated.

Mamba
Re: Xoops 2.06 on PHP5
  • 2013/2/8 9:45

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The first step is always to go to Admin and in Preferences turn the Debug on. This will give you some information what is happening, and what errors are being generated.

But I would highly recommend to start considering to move to XOOPS 2.5.5, or start testing XOOPS 2.5.6, which hopefully will be released very soon.

This will give you idea which modules will still work, and which needs to be updated.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod
Re: Xoops 2.06 on PHP5

As Mamba is refering to.. The 2.0.x series of Xoops is outdated and was designed for PHP4.

Your sites will not work with simple adjustments with PHP 5.3. You will likely need updates to all of your modules to work.

The level of work needed to upgrade will be dependent on what modules you have installed and what versions. In some cases if you are using modules that have current versions you may be able to just update everything but it is a bit of a long process.

You will need ATLEAST xoops 2.3.3 but I believe you need ATLEAST 2.4.5 for 5.3. When you get upgraded to 5.4 you will need ATLEAST xoops 2.5.6 (Once it leaves Beta)

So your BEST bet is to upgrade directly to 2.5.5 and get your modules updated and once 2.5.6 final has been released upgrade to it. Going from 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 won't require any further changes to your modules. (If 2.5.6 Final or a newer 2.5.x final version is available when you read this use that.)

Are your sites all using the same modules?

Can you list the modules and their versions so we can direct you better?
In alot of cases you will be able to migrate to newer modules without much effort. Mostly depends on if you have any specialized modules. You may want to see if your hosting service can move your sites to an old host while you work on your sites and get them updated. Then have your host move them to the new host as you convert them. Most good hosting companies will do this for you to keep your sites up but will give you only limited time to upgrade.

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits