ukandrewf
restoring site from hosting backups
  • 2013/2/6 11:14

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

Woke this morning to find a white screen on my website don't think I'd made any changes at all which could have caused it, edited at 4pm yesterday (all seemed ok) but only to delete some images in a gallery module which were missing via the web interface.

My hosting provider had backups from last night at midnight.

should it simply be a case of copying the php backups in the root and restoring the db to the same time from backup?

all should then work right?

am i missing something

Andrew

Anonymous
Re: restoring site from hosting backups
  • 2013/2/6 12:41

• Anonymous

• Since:

Is it only one module having problems or the whole site not loading? I would not just put back backups without researching what caused it first.

Did you check if your hosting provider made any changes in the server setup? You may think of changing settings, updating php or doing other mainenance like changing servers. A php upgrade could have caused an incompatibility with an older module for instance.

xoobaru
  • 2013/2/6 16:10

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

The hosting server should give some kind of error message, usually its a 500 error or database not found. When I here you say white screen, I think the word Protector, the module. There are some conditions for which Protector can be optioned to result in blank screen.

I just looked in the preferences for Protector and F5 ddos attack and high crawler loading rate are the only configurable options for blank screen. It is not clear if only the attacking entity gets the white screen, or everyone does, or for how long it persists after an attack.

xoobaru
  • 2013/2/6 16:48

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

I'm sorry,

add contamination, isolated comment, and union to the blank screen limeup of options. My second cup of coffee enabled these to come into my notice.

Login

Who's Online

272 user(s) are online (188 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 272

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits