chefry
QR Code Generator
  • 2013/1/30 19:37

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

Here's an idea for an on-the-fly QR Code Generator.

In the module you specify standard information i.e. base URL, phone, address, notes, etc.

You would also specify the module you are reading. i.e. Publisher (I would really LOVE this for publisher)

So, you access the article in Publisher you want and the QR code and image are created on-the-fly. Using blocks management you can specify where you want the image to appear on the page.

For example, on my recipe website you see a recipe you like and want to try. The on-the-fly qr code generator has created the image and placed it at the bottom of the Publisher page. Read the code, save it, and you have the direct link to that recipe on my website on your smartphone or tablet. The link shows the name of the website, a little description of the website, and the name of the recipe.

If it was designed specifically for Publisher, it could also incorporate the Blocks Summary, although I don't like the way the blocks summary works with Publisher.

I hope someone with a little programming and module experience can take up the challenge and throw this together soon.

And it needs to work on Xoops 2.4.5

chefry
Re: QR Code Generator
  • 2013/2/4 7:39

• chefry

• Home away from home

so i guess nobody is interested

Mamba
  • 2013/2/4 9:22

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

To be honest, I don't think that anybody will be interested in developing something for XOOPS 2.4.5.

There is already a QR Code module available, and maybe you can modify it to your need.

There is also another QR Code module in XOOPS 2.6.0, but I didn't test it, so I don't know the functionality.

Since it seems to be a "one-off" feature, as always, you might provide some financial incentive, and maybe somebody will do it for you. You might also get more people interested in it to pitch some money together.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

chefry
  • 2013/2/4 9:51

• chefry

• Home away from home

where is there a qr code module? that's what i was searching for last week when the search function didn't work

Mamba
  • 2013/2/4 10:56

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The link to the latest version is in this news

This is for XOOPS 2.5.5
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

chefry
  • 2013/2/4 11:19

• chefry

• Home away from home

thanks

I downloaded v 1.o1

I'll post the results later

Peekay
  • 2013/2/4 19:02

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

The image gallery module Webphoto also has a QR code generator. The code automatically generated for each item leads to a simple, mobile-phone friendly version of the page. From my old notes, a lot of the relevant code is in:

/xoops-secure/modules/webphoto/class/main/photo.php

It may be of some help with your project, although the coding in the Webphoto module is pretty complex (for me at least).

chefry
  • 2013/2/5 13:22

• chefry

• Home away from home

QR Codes looks like a GREAT module

Unfortunately it doesn't do what I want

I creates static URL or text codes, I need dynamic, on-the-fly

I want it to automatically create a QR Code for the page the user is viewing, giving the URL and Recipe name

Peekay
  • 2013/2/5 14:28

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:

chefry wrote:

... I want it to automatically create a QR Code for the page the user is viewing, giving the URL and Recipe name

I think this is what the module is intended for. The admin page is just for creating codes manually. To create codes dynamically, e.g. for a recipe module, you need to add one of the code snippets from the help pages to the PHP that drives the module template and feed in a variable, such as the Xoops URL for that recipe. The script then calls the QR code module and the QR code is displayed.

If the QR code contains just a URL, most code readers in phones will automatically load the web page in the phone browser. Of course, this will be the same web page they are viewing on their desktop PC. The Webphoto solution modifies the URL slightly to take the user to a simple page optimised for mobile browsers.

Anonymous
  • 2013/2/5 14:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

This widget seems to do exactly what you need. It looks like it's just a matter of putting it in each post or in a news template to automate it. I'm not sure but even a block might work.

http://qrmedia.us/add-qr-codes-google-chart-api/?doing_wp_cron=1360075390.4784948825836181640625

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits