• 2013/1/21 18:18

• MaineCarry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/1/11

i just removed 2.5.4 and installing 2.6

new DB

i keep getting this.....
Quote:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/redhatte/public_html/install/page_configsite.php on line 38

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/redhatte/public_html/install/page_configsite.php on line 38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redhatte/public_html/install/page_configsite.php:38) in /home/redhatte/public_html/install/class/installwizard.php on line 245

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redhatte/public_html/install/page_configsite.php:38) in /home/redhatte/public_html/install/class/installwizard.php on line 247

no matter what i do....

redheadedrod
Re: Cant get past step 10 (site config)

You need to turn strict off in your php.ini file.

The install program hasn't been updated like the rest of the program has been and will throw those errors if you do not turn it off.

remember 2.6 is ALPHA, this means test it only, do NOT use it for your site. Use 2.5.5 if you are installing on your site but you still have to turn off the strict reporting.

You probably have a line in your php.ini file similar to the following.

error_reporting E_ALL E_STRICT

Make it look like this:
error_reporting E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT

And reminder, if this is a site others are using do NOT use 2.6. Use 2.5.5
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

MaineCarry
  • 2013/1/21 19:25

• MaineCarry

• Just popping in

my host updated to php 5.4 and i have tuns of line errors. so im forced to go with 2.6

Mamba
  • 2013/1/21 19:31

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
my host updated to php 5.4 and i have tuns of line errors. so im forced to go with 2.6

You shouldn't go with 2.6.0, if this is a production site.

Try XOOPS 2.5.6 Beta from our SVN

http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xoops/svn/XoopsCore/branches/2.5.x/2.5.6

It should work on PHP 5.4 without any problems, but please test it.

If you're using Windows, you can download it using this little software

Of course, this doesn't guarantee that all your modules will run on PHP 5.4. You'll need to test them, or use some of those that have been updated for PHP 5.4 - see here this story
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

MaineCarry
  • 2013/1/21 19:34

• MaineCarry

• Just popping in

also i can not edit php.ini

shelderino73

Quote:

You shouldn't go with 2.6.0, if this is a production site.

Try XOOPS 2.5.6 Beta from our SVN

thanks for the above, I was also going to run with 2.6, I will take your advice and and go for the beta.

MaineCarry
  • 2013/1/21 19:41

• MaineCarry

• Just popping in

I used their Fantastico addon tool in Cpannel. It says 2.5.1a Should i try upgrading to 2.5.5?

redheadedrod

You should be able to have your own version of the php.ini. You should also be able to ask your hosting company to downgrade your PHP version to a little older one.

If not then I would look at a different hosting company because yours doesn't care about its customers.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

redheadedrod

Quote:

MaineCarry wrote:
I used their Fantastico addon tool in Cpannel. It says 2.5.1a Should i try upgrading to 2.5.5?

You have a host that allows you to install 2.5.1a onto a system that can't run it..
Wow...

You need to tell them to upgrade to 2.5.5 on their scripts and to downgrade their PHP offering to one you can run the software they are loading for you.

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits