harv36
Sorry, you don't have permission to access this area
  • 2013/1/3 23:40

• harv36

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/1/3 2

Hi there,

I am getting this error message constantly when accessing my zentrackxoops: "Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area". Has anybody got this error before?
I have the following installed:
Xoops: 2.3.3
Zentrackxoops: 2.6.0.4_Final
PHP 5.3
Mysql 5.1.61

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

redheadedrod
Re: Sorry, you don't have permission to access this area

Is that the ONLY module you have installed?

My guess is that you need to upgrade your xoops version which MAY break your module.

Your best bet is to use a test server on an available desktop PC and do some testing. I am assuming that your host likely recently updated to PHP 5.3 which broke your module.

You can also try deleting your cache but unless you did something to your system my guess is your host recently updated you which broke the site.

2.3.3 is a somewhat old system. And that module version was from 2006.

MySQL is likely not an issue so you need to test with a similar version of PHP.
Try a new install on a test server using xoops 2.5.5 with your module and see if your module works with it. If it does then you are all set. Then you know you need to upgrade your xoops to 2.5.5 and all will be well.

If you try 2.5.5 and that does NOT work you can try it again with 2.4.5 which is the next most recent version that will be more compatible with php5 that 2.3.3 was. If both 2.5.5 and 2.4.5 don't fix your issue then you likely will need to update the module as well which will require someone to do some coding for you.

Once you have figured out the version of xoops to use you can easily upgrade your system by using the upgrade version of the xoops you want to use. Other than that make sure you disable your module before you upgrade xoops to prevent any sort of problems then test out your upgraded xoops for problems before you enable the module back.

To many people upgrade without disabling their modules and then try to track down issues later. MUCH easier to disable the modules FIRST then upgrade, test, then enable the modules one at a time to ensure they still work properly.

Rodney

harv36
  • 2013/1/4 21:29

• harv36

• Just popping in

Hi Rodney,

Thanks a lot for the insights.
Well, just to let you know that I tried installing Xoops 2.5.5 and ZentrackXoops 2.6.0.4_final, but I had the same issue - I could not access the module. However, I could access the settings of zentrackxoops through the Admin menu...which is really weird.
And PHP 5.3 was installed right from the beginning - no upgrade was done at a later stage.
Also, I have other modules installed and they are all working perfectly. I have this issue with zentrackxoops only. I tried installing a previous version of the same module and it worked....did not have this permission error.

It would be really great if you could help me out....everybody is relying on me!!!

Thanks again for your reply.

redheadedrod

Not sure what the issue is then if you have had others working?

Can you turn on the debugging and see if it is coming up with any errors?

Go to your admin menu under preferences.

General Settings and turn "debug mode" to one of the Enable Debug settings.

See if you are getting any errors.

harv36
  • 2013/1/7 19:42

• harv36

• Just popping in

Hi Rodney,

I tried enabling the debugging mode but nothing came up concerning the error message "Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area".

BTW, i'm using CentOS 6.3 release. Is that ok?

harv36
  • 2013/1/7 20:44

• harv36

• Just popping in

Hey Rodney,

I just installed the latest version Xoops again (2.5.5) and then re-installed the Zentrackxoops 2.6.0.4_final version and I got the same error message that i don't the rights to access this area.

redheadedrod

My guess is that the version you have is too old and needs to be updated. I do not have the time to do this at this time. You have tried this with JUST xoops and the one module right?

I am not familiar with centos.

You might try it with something like XAMPP under windows or something and see how it goes. I had my best luck with XAMPP 1.7.2 although I am currently running 1.8.2 on my home server. (I wouldn't suggest anything newer than the 1.7.2 because you will be getting into php 5.4)

Rodney

Mamba
  • 2013/1/7 23:02

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You are more lucky than me - I couldn't run zentrack on my WampServer - after the installation, I got bunch of errors when I tried to the Admin side.

So unfortunately, I won't be able to help you here.

Maybe it needs a full native Linux installation....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

@mamba
I have had my BEST results with XAMPP running under windows. I have tried universal server, wamp, xampp and Ubuntu with PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin loaded but I have not had much luck outside of XAMPP..

xampp DOES have a Linux version as well so I have considered trying to load Stock Ubuntu and load xampp over the top of it and see what happens. I was able to load phpunit into XAMPP under windows with very little effort.

The only issue I found with xampp is that you have to edit the XAMPP icon on the desktop and make it run as administrator or it will not recognize services that are already running and will act strangely. The xampp control panel has to run with admin rights.

@harv36
This module sounds like something that would be really nice to have. Unfortunately I am already working on a couple projects and I don't have a lot of time to finish them so I can't even look at this for you at this time. I would be willing to look at it once I get these projects done but that may not be for an extended period of time since my classes start up for next semester on Monday.

Mamba
  • 2013/1/8 12:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

OK, I looked into zentrack a little bit closer on PHP 5.4.8 and WampServer: - as expected, this is a very old code - a lot of issues were caused by using "?php" tags - there is also tons of short tags that are being used instead of echo. It works on PHP 5.4, but it won't work on PHP 5.3, at least not for me. (see description of the issue here). - the lack of permissions that you're getting is due to some strange code in the DB files in the module: a) in the db.class.php, we have a call to "getArray"
$vars $recordSet->getArray();
b) this call goes to adodb.inc.php file:
function &GetArray($nRows = -1
    {
    global 
$ADODB_EXTENSION; if ($ADODB_EXTENSION) return adodb_getall($this,$nRows);

$results = array();

$cnt 0;
        while (!
$this->EOF && $nRows != $cnt) {

$results[] = $this->fields;

$this->MoveNext();

$cnt++;
        }
        return 
$results;
    }
The problem is that this function checks for EOF and number of rows. Before we call the function, we execute the query searching for the user, and the $recordSet is at EOF. As a result, the "getArray" function will return an empty array, so you never get the permission. When I reset it to the first row before running the "while" loop
$this->MoveFirst();
so it looks like this: Quote:
function &GetArray($nRows = -1) { global $ADODB_EXTENSION; if ($ADODB_EXTENSION) return adodb_getall($this,$nRows); $results = array(); $cnt = 0; $this->MoveFirst(); while (!$this->EOF && $nRows != $cnt) { $results[] = $this->fields; $this->MoveNext(); $cnt++; } return $results; }
it works now. The files are now updated in SourceForge SVN, and you can check them out using TortoiseSVN, or you can download them with this little tool using the link:
http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xoops/svn/XoopsModules/zentrack/trunk/
Please note, you need PHP 5.4 to run it. Do some testing and let us know if it works. However, you can try to add this line:
$this->MoveFirst();
in your code, as I did above, and see if it works.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits