shigeo
Can't Disable Default Help Display on Config Pages
  • 2012/9/10 2:48

• shigeo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/9/10

This is just a nuisance issue; it's not preventing anything from working, but I sure would like to fix it...

I am running XOOPS 2.5.5 on Linux with MySQL 5.0.91 and PHP 5.2.17.

Currently, in the admin menus the help content is displaying by default for all configuration pages where it is available (that is to say, the pages which have the white life preserver with red stripes help icon in the upper right). If I navigate to any of these configuration pages (such as the control panels), the page is displayed with the help content displayed at the top by default. I think that things are backwards in a way, because if I mouse over that white/red help icon it shows "Display Help", even though help is already being displayed. (And vice-versa with "Hide Help" showing when the content is already hidden.)

Anyway, if I click that white/red help icon, the help content disappears, but will still be displayed by default if I reload that page, or navigate to any other config page where help is available. I've tried various fixes such as updating the system module, but nothing has worked so far.

It didn't work this way in the past; it seems that it has become "broken". As far as I am aware, this change to the help display did not correspond with any system changes, such as a module install.

Any ideas on how to restore the default to NOT displaying help content on these pages would be sincerely appreciated.

Cheers,

Shigeo

shigeo
Re: Can't Disable Default Help Display on Config Pages
  • 2012/9/11 0:24

• shigeo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/9/10

I solved my own problem.

I had made changes to the xoops.css file to address a different problem. After restoring this file to the original version, the help feature is working properly again.

CLOSED.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits