biomech
Calendar / Event Module for XOOPS 2.5.5 ?
  • 2012/8/16 3:04

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good Calendar / Event booking module that works with XOOPS 2.5.5? I have tried a few, such as APCal, but haven't been able to get them to work to my satisfaction on 2.5.5. (APCal, for example, gives me garbled dates and seems to have a conflict with Protector when I try to submit/register an event.)

Event booking / listing is a big part of my site's purpose, so I would really like to get a good Calendar / Event module up and running properly.

Thanks for any recommendations and suggestions.

- b -

irmtfan
Re: Calendar / Event Module for XOOPS 2.5.5 ?
  • 2012/8/16 5:27

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Im not familiar with Calendar modules because none of them is working with local date/time
what about extcal:
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsModules/extcal/
i think it works

biomech
  • 2012/8/16 8:38

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for the reminder about extcal. I haven't tried that one for a while. I installed and played around it with it today, and it performs better than I remember _but_ I can't figure out how to approve events.

As administrator, if I set events to auto-approve, they work, but I would rather have a screening process in place to prevent spam, so I would like user-submitted events to be held for approval by admins or moderators. From what I can see I have set it to do this, but then when I submit an event from my regular user account, I don't see any place to approve it in the admin interface. It shows up in the event list, and I can edit, delete, and clone it - but I can't see how to actually approve it so that it shows up to users in the calendar. Maybe I'm blind... :)

Anyone out there have experience with ExtCal that can offer suggestions?

Stijnvd
  • 2012/8/16 18:06

• Stijnvd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/12/14

You can search this forum for Extcal, it is still in development and one of the things that I posted here was that the approve/auto approve function does not work properly yet.

I believe it is the best module for Xoops and the latest beta shows nice functions and approvements.

For instance you can check the following post:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=348376

biomech
  • 2012/8/17 0:06

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks very much for clarifying. I'll follow the original thread.

Cheers!

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits