• 2012/7/22 1:33

• khalidinho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/12/15

Hi

I have Problem in the fifth step
watch this video to see the problem

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8P-hGnBRM-6VTFYN21LSy1WbXc

synopsis : after fill fields then clicked on next button , it not go to step six .

in localhost working 100%
this problem in site
I'm sure the data 100%

sorry for my English .
it's not my language .

Mamba
Re: Problem in the fifth step
  • 2012/7/22 2:18

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

What PHP and MySQL versions do you have?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

khalidinho
  • 2012/7/22 6:50

• khalidinho

• Just popping in

MySQL Version:
5.0.91-log

PHP Version:

redheadedrod

How did you put this on your server?

Did you upload all of the files from your local computer or did you upload the compressed file, decompress it on your host and move it to the right directory from there?

My guess without looking at your system is that you have a problem with your files.

I am not at home at the moment to be able to suggest which files directly to move over but there is a MD5 file check that you can run. There are two files, one contains a list of all of the files and their MD5 hashes and the other is a PHP script that reads the list and compares it to the files on the system.

I believe the php script is a file called "checksum.php" and the other called "checksum.md5" these might be in the extras folder. Move these to your base folder and then run the checksum.php file and wait (Takes about 3 minutes on my local server).. It will check all of your files for you and let you know if any of them are incomplete.

You would run this file by calling http:/yoursite.com/checksum.php from your browser once you have copied the files over. (Using the correct URL for your site of course and the correct file name if it isn't checksum.php)

Each step is in a separate file and my guess is that for some reason the script is not reading the next file so it defaults back to the same file.

You could go into the install folder and check the permissions of the files as well. If the permissions are bad it will do weird things. I have found when I upload a new site I need to upload the compressed file, decompress it on the site, then move the proper files into the correct folder. If I decompress it on my local computer then ftp all of the files it takes MUCH longer and sometimes the file permissions get messed up.

Rodney

khalidinho
  • 2012/7/23 1:30

• khalidinho

• Just popping in

Quote:

redheadedrod wrote:
How did you put this on your server?

Did you upload all of the files from your local computer or did you upload the compressed file, decompress it on your host and move it to the right directory from there?

Experimented with two methods

irmtfan
  • 2012/7/23 7:07

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

As far as i can see you filled the hostname which is incorrect.
please leave it as "localhost" because i think your database have not any specific name.

Please read the installation guide here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops/files/XOOPS%20Documentation_%20Core/XU-002_%20XOOPS%20Installation%20Guide%201.0/

redheadedrod

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
As far as i can see you filled the hostname which is incorrect.
please leave it as "localhost" because i think your database have not any specific name.

Problem with this diagnosis is if you watch the video, when the next button is pressed it goes back to the same page and resets the values. If there was a problem with any of the settings it would go to the next page and display an error that it could not connect to the database. Then you would hit previous and it would populate the values and you could readjust them. That is not happening unless I missed something.

Also localhost only works if the database is actually located on the same computer which is not always the case.

Because of this it has to be something either with the general host settings or the next file in the sequence is inaccessible for some reason. Either the file is corrupt/missing or the permissions for the file are wrong. This is weird because during my development of a new script I have not run into this. Normally you get some sort of error message but that is not happening here.

Can you check the error logs for your site and see if there is something showing up?

Also what xoops version is this?

khalidinho
  • 2012/7/23 19:12

• khalidinho

• Just popping in

Quote:

redheadedrod wrote:

Can you check the error logs for your site and see if there is something showing up?

Also what xoops version is this?

* I don't see any Error

khalidinho
  • 2012/7/23 20:26

• khalidinho

• Just popping in

I have another site in a different host . The installation works without errors.

What is the problem ? and what is the different ?a

redheadedrod

This just further points in the direction that either there is something wrong with the files you uploaded to your "problem" site or the host has some settings wrong.

Make sure your browser is not blocking part of the site you are installing on as well since there might be some minor javascript in the install scripts. (I haven't really messed with anything past step 5 yet.. )

Something you COULD do is look in your control panel for the host for something showing your php information or you can create a simple file to do this for you.

Create a file on the host you are having issues with and the one you are not. Call this file something like "test.php" and fill it with the following code.

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

?>

You would of course call this by using the urlhttp://yoursite.com/test.php and it should display a few screens worth of settings.

Check the settings here and compare them.
You can change most settings in your php settings file if you need to.
I wonder if there is not an issue with something like the memory size allotted or something.

I believe the php settings file should be something called php.ini and it likely resides in one of your local directories OUTSIDE of the document root. Hopefully you understand what is meant by that. You may need to contact your host to find out where this file resides if you can not find it. On my host I had to create the folder and place the file there.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits