skypedeengli
PHP and PayPal

Hi guys .

I am so tired and about to give it up . I thought I better post a message here ,in a hope to get my answer.

I run an Online English conversation school . the website is all in Japanese , and there is system intergrated onto this website ,built on XOOPS CUBE platform (Japanes Language Version ) .

My programmer has stuck on one last stage .

this is the story.

Students have to buy points in order to be able to reserve teachers' lesson .
How to buy Points ?

On my website they click on Buy now PayPal button and they get directed to Paypal page for making a payment .

Lets say she/he wants to buy 50 points . she/he finishes making a payment and .....? Oops , She/he paid the money already and purchased points , but Points have not been added to his/her account page ,on my website .( each student has a page . they have to log into their pages )

Since Paypal is not Xoops , she ( my programmer ) doesnt know how to add this Option to this system ( Automatic point Adding ) .

Unfortunately I have to add points manually now . and in some cases students get annoyed for the short delay of adding points to their accounts .

Gee , Why this should be a problem in the world of IT ? Or better to say , can anybody help me ?

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Steven ,desparate and tired in Japan

Cheers

deka87
Re: PHP and PayPal
  • 2012/7/13 6:49

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

The points system working with paypal integrated in xoops has been my dream for a long time. What I suggest you is to create a field in your profile module called maybe "points" to be updated in accordance with the amount of money paid. You've got to go through paypal php documentation of course. If you need some example of integrating paypal into xoops you can check out the Subscriptions module PayPal gateway, that works a bit different way (they change your group when the payment is proceeded).

BR

Deka

Mamba
  • 2012/7/14 0:10

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The module xDonations also works together with PayPal, updating the "status" of an user - maybe there will be some useful code there.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

RoyalCarpet
  • 2012/10/4 22:19

• RoyalCarpet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/10/4

I'm working on a similar project and would like to know how to incorporate points as well. Still getting my head wrapped around this. ;)

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (174 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits