ksagert
Weird Problem...
  • 2012/6/8 7:00

• ksagert

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/6/8 2

Ok, so here is the backstory. I first deployed Xoops on my hosted server running Apache, and MySQL. Install goes perfectly well. However, while I was going through and checking things out (not really changing any settings) I went back to the top page, and there was nothing. Just a complete blank screen. I figured it was just something I clicked, so I deleted everything and did a full clean install with a new SQL database and all. So, instead of changing settings this time, I was rearranging blocks and whatnot for the top page. But the same thing happened... I went back to the top screen to take a look and it was completely blank. I tried to go back to my domain, DOMAIN.ORG/xoops and I still only got a blank screen. So, I did a full clean install again. This time, I wanted to try to install a module before anything else. And the same thing happened, just not as quickly. But, I can still always get back to the admin panel at DOMAIN.ORG/xoops/admin.php. I just cannot get back to the top page while logged in to any user account. If I could get some help with this, that would be great. Its starting to get a little annoying... Haha.

Anonymous
Re: Weird Problem...
  • 2012/6/8 8:18

• Anonymous

• Since:

Please can you give us some more info? Xoops version used, php and sql version.

Xoops install went without any warnings, permissions and php requirements where met?

Did you enable php debugging in xoops general settings, please report back what warnings/ errors do you see.

Is it just a clean install, did you upload/ change the theme, did you upload/install modules (type/version?).

Are default settings changed like gzip compression or caches turned on?

My first suspicion is there is a timeout problem, do you have access to the server logs to find out?

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits