Anonymous
Problems with Xoops!!
  • 2012/5/22 14:12

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi Friends,

I'm new to the forums here and XOOPS itself & love it a lot. but, I'm comming across some issues that I can figure out. This is the my problem, I have vBulletin Forum already on my server. I wanna configure XOOPS such a way that, when users click on forum, it should take to my vBulletin forum, is this possible. Besides, I cannot access the preferences section from the admin menu!

Help me out! Thanks in advance !

redheadedrod
Re: Problems with Xoops!!

You can do this but it will be a separate site. As far as I know there is no direct plugin available to allow you to integrate Vbulletin with Xoops. You will basically end up with 2 different sites with two different user lists.

You CAN however use one of the Forums for xoops such as xforums or cbb and those would work well. You MAY even be able to import the messages but you would loose the link between the user and the messages they left unless you also imported your user list to xoops as well.

It is very doable and if you are willing to go all the way to xoops then there will need to be some database manipulation to transfer your information over but very possible.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Anonymous
Re: Problems with Xoops!!
  • 2012/5/22 15:32

• Anonymous

• Since:

It's rather old but maybe this login bridge between vbulletin and xoops still works?https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=49835

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits