Faustinah
XCGal
  • 2012/5/20 23:02

• Faustinah

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/5/8 5

I put xcGal on my site and it will not upload pictures. It says "failed to create directory." Any advice?

Faustinah
Re: XCGal
  • 2012/5/21 3:59

• Faustinah

• Friend of XOOPS

I figured this out all by my little baby self somehow. I was looking at some old sites that I used this on where it worked and just compared them to my new site. Then I noticed in xcgal/albums there was not a "userpics" folder so I just created one and then I could load pictures. Weird.

Anonymous
  • 2012/5/21 9:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

As far as I know xcGal is not maintained anymore so there is a big risk you run into compatibility issues. I would advise to try extgal as it is still developed.

About your xcgal problem you could check two things. Does the upload directory have all permissions set? Other issue I remember is the path, in admin you have to set the serverpath, not the public http:// etc.

Faustinah
  • 2012/5/21 20:15

• Faustinah

• Friend of XOOPS

Thank you. I will try extgal. So far the xcGal is working just fine on the latest version of xoops. Has xoops died a little bit? I see there is the latest version of xoops available, but it seems all the modules "may not work" with the latest version. If I knew what I was doing I would try to help. ;)

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits