Mamba
Wanted: Sample XOOPS module with phpUnit
  • 2012/4/4 4:49

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Anybody with good phpUnit skills?

I would love to see a sample XOOPS module showcasing the usage of phpUnit.

If you're overwhelmed by the original documentation above, there is a short tutorial here that gives you a good introduction to phpUnit idea.

Anybody, who would like to take a shot at a XOOPS module with phpUnit?

I think, by using phpUnit more systematically, we could improve the quality of our modules.

Of course, in long term it would be good to have phpUnit in Core, but let's start small
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod
Re: Wanted: Sample XOOPS module with phpUnit

I can look at adding this to the xroster module while I am doing the full blue move.

We just brushed on this sort of testing in my programming class this week..

For those that don't know what unit testing is used for. You can use this to test portions of your code to make sure it is bug free...

It is not perfect but something that has been gone through some sort of unit test should not be buggy in those areas. If the API stays the same you can upgrade the underlying code and know that it will remain bug free by testing it. The unit tests however are only as good as the tests you provide.

I had been considering this as well..

Unit testing for the core would be great but generally you don't keep the unit test with the code when being distributed. It is only for testing purposes.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits