timgno
English Teacher Open Source For Xoopsers
  • 2012/3/13 11:30

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Because of my poor command of the English language, I thought it was necessary to provide three reasons to start a collaboration with those who want to help all those who unfortunately are not familiar with the English language.

This might seem a little bit for users of xoops regarding the work we do, but I think instead of being able to say that might be an opportunity to work in different ways.

1 ° Those who know English well, is a good opportunity to promote themselves with xoops.

2 ° Xoopsers would help him to learn so that we can give for help other like creating a site for translators in different world languages ​​into English and from English into other languages​​.

3 ° Be involved in the compilation of more accurate translations trasifex learning English well, this goes for all those who wish to subscribe to the translations of the core and modules, thus widening the interest of xoops in the broader world.

4 ° Teachers will be able to advertise, using xoops for job opportunities, open source must provide these opportunities for the development of all.

For Mamba:
If you think it's a good idea you could create a good news with added other ideas?

Anonymous
Re: English Teacher Open Source For Xoopsers
  • 2012/3/13 14:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

It's not clear to me what you mean by helping non english speaking xoopsers, don't we have local support sites for that?

timgno
  • 2012/3/13 14:09

• timgno

• Module Developer

Local sites will only speak the native language, not English, in any way also helps to increase knowledge. I meant a broader question about both, both locally and internationally through xoops.org

Anonymous
  • 2012/3/13 15:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

I have worked at an European wide support desk so I know inhabitants of many countries don't speak English very well...

Maybe better collaboration between local support sites would help also. Many of us do speak more languages, so why don't give some support and help on foreign forums? With that in mind I show some European rss feeds on the Dutch support site, many of us speak German, French and some Spanish. So why get stuck at our own local sites?

timgno
  • 2012/3/13 18:19

• timgno

• Module Developer

I created a discussion about it on xoopsitalia to see the views and show how effectively a way of speaking to another post.
It is not as simple as you think.

Anonymous
  • 2012/3/13 18:50

• Anonymous

• Since:

I'm sorry Timgno, I don't speak Italian

timgno
  • 2012/3/13 18:57

• timgno

• Module Developer

Have you seen?

It 's just what I expected!

Do you have to use a translator to read other people's sites, but if you invite everyone to learn English there is the possibility to insert xLanguage module and content as well be written in local language and English, which becomes even more than it is, totally international language.

How many sites have you visited that have a flag for the English language?

Anonymous
  • 2012/3/13 23:00

• Anonymous

• Since:

I know these language problems exist and this is not the place to dive very deep in this matter. Nevertheless I want to make a point. Many inhabitants of bigger countries like Germany, France, Italy and Spain seem to have the idea that everybody speaks their language, so why should they learn any foreign language... Same issue with much English speaking people btw Translating is not the solution in my opinion, you have to face we live in a globalizing world, so everybody needs to learn 1 or 2 foreign languages...

Internet is not only a local product but part of a globalizing world, so who wants to keep up with some more then basic ict needs to speak a little bit of English.

And of course, you could make a site like xoops.org multilingual, core and module language. But translating content like news or forum posts is a no go...

timgno
  • 2012/3/14 8:42

• timgno

• Module Developer

There is a CMS that does this job and I wanted to know xoops if you could do here, his name is docebo.

Is a CMS all Italian for the teaching of various disciplines

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits