1
luciorota
xoops debug in a log file
  • 2012/3/11 7:25

  • luciorota

  • Module Developer

  • Posts: 219

  • Since: 2007/4/20


what about debuggin' xoops in a log file on server?
it will be useful for ajax aps...
Rota Lucio
lucio.rota@gmail.com;
mobile: +39 338 9966321

2
Anonymous
Re: xoops debug in a log file
  • 2012/3/11 20:31

  • Anonymous

  • Posts: 0

  • Since: 0


Debug info is for webmasters only, you don 't want to confront site visitors with that, it does not show very professional as well... So I share your idea of making debug info readable for webmasters only. A log file is too complex I guess, as all pages and modules show some debugging info. But making debug read-only for certain groups (webmasters) would be great !

3
Mamba
Re: xoops debug in a log file
  • 2012/3/11 22:28

  • Mamba

  • Moderator

  • Posts: 11549

  • Since: 2004/4/23


Quote:
So I share your idea of making debug info readable for webmasters only.

Currently as a default the Debug info is set only for Admins.

In /xoops_data/configs/xoopsconfig.php:

"debugLevel" => 2,

I am not sure how difficult it would be to include a Debug log in XOOPS. But I would love to see in 2.6.x a Firebug/FirePHP included as default.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.7.x | Docs | Modules | Bugs

4
Anonymous
Re: xoops debug in a log file
  • 2012/3/11 23:01

  • Anonymous

  • Posts: 0

  • Since: 0


I was not aware of that, I always thought all visitors could see the debug info...