kidx
Xoops Protector Question?
  • 2012/2/29 4:19

• kidx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/29

How do i turn off site minipulating it is messing up my site if possible how can i disable the xoops protector is it wise to use zzblock over xoops please get back to me so i can fix my site and i cannot access my site at all Protector detects site manipulation came up.

Mamba
Re: Xoops Protector Question?
  • 2012/2/29 5:06

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

you can disable Protector in the Admin menu, but it is really not recommended.

What kind of problems do you have? I've been using Protector on tons of Websites, and had problems only couple of times when I tried to post some code that was not within the < code > brackets. Needless to say, Protector did a good job preventing me from doing it.

I don't know anything about zzblock. You can try Xortify from Wishcraft.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

kidx
Re: Xoops Protector Question?
  • 2012/2/29 7:05

• kidx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/29

I have tried Xortify or what ever you wanna call it but it dont work right i signed up on there site and when i loging i get white screen of death here is what zblock is would you guys recommend it.

ZB Block is Effective Against the Latest Bots
ZB Block now Protects from Casper Bot, MaMa CaSpEr Bot, plaNETWORK Bot, and their variants.

Through a new protection subsystem, ZB Block has over 40 new signatures to detect the BEHAVIOR of the latest "HTTP_POST" attack bot families. These behavior detections, along with the weaker but still important detections of the 9 most popular "HTTP_USER_AGENT" names, allow ZB Block to essentially kill off these bots. ZB Block is compatible with the most popular CMSes, Bulletin Boards, Forums, and PHP Scripts out there, and protects from thousands of older bots and exploits not only by name on some, but they way they attack YOUR site. Read more about ZB Block here: ZB BLOCK

Protection Scripts and Block Lists
Free Spam Protection and Hack Protection for your website.

IN a world where having a website opens you up to the pain of exploitation by robots, where your blog or CMS is ruthlessly loaded with spam, I decided that I should sit down, and write a php script that helps to stop this relentless suffering thrown at us. In the beginning Spambot Protection was one of my main goals, but became just as equally important was Hacking Protection.

Spambot Protection, and Hack Bot Protection are provided through ZB Block, mentioned below, and more on it's own page. This free script will signifigantly cut down the amount of sucessful comment, and post spam your site gets. It will also end known php exploits, plus many future script exploits due to intelligent inspection of accesses made to your site.

I hope you find my research useful... Please read on.

What ZB Block is Excellent at:
Saves money by reducing hacker bandwith usage! (by 2,500% on this site's index page alone!)
Strengthing your site against defacement.
Preventing PHP script exploitation.
Ending Remote File Include (RFI) exploits.
Protecting against directory traversal attacks.
Stopping MySQL database injection and tampering.
Removing access from known bad addresses and domain names.
Blocking access from top level domains, like .cn (China) and .kp (North Korea).

What ZB Block is Good at:
Avoiding website scraping/content theft.
Deterring bad user agents.
Halting referrer spam.
Impeding some Cross Site Scripting (XSS) attacks.

ZB Block is also fast, not only does ZB Block check for over 100 million bad IPs/Hostnames and many thousands of bots, but standard execution times are around 1/10th of a second on an aged PIII 930, which is unnoticable to the web surfer

After reading all this do you think it is wise to run this instead of the protector it really seems better.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits