Anonymous
Problems with dateformat 2.5.4 in combination with modules (i.e. Extcal, News)
  • 2012/1/13 20:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi,

There is talked about it earlier in this thread.

In my opion it is a bigger problem. Everything I try with SHORTDATESTRING give my problems with News or Extcal or publisher.

Is there someone who can give us an English translation of this thread

What is the correct answer? Each module or at the core? Much easier to use. Also easier for the translations.

Let's keep XOOPS user friendly!!

Roby73
Re: Problems with dateformat 2.5.4 in combination with modules (i.e. Extcal, News)
  • 2012/1/13 22:43

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2011/6/15

The best solution for me is rewrite the modules.

This problem is of the PHP. The solution could be replace the strtotime command.
I have modify module news as in the 1st your link.

redheadedrod
Re: Problems with dateformat 2.5.4 in combination with modules (i.e. Extcal, News)

With the modules I have seen the date was hard coded into the module. With older versions of Xoops apparently the date was not setup in a manner you could access the format from a module easily. When I looked at the date code in 2.4.5 it was in one place in the core but you had to modify it manually. If the modules used the core value then the date format would be set automatically but this is one area that needs to be addressed in the "blue move" and should be included in the settings for the site if it is not included in 2.5 so it doesn't need to be set manually. As it is now I believe the date code has to be changed manually in each module as well as in the core.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

playsome
  • 2012/1/14 13:20

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

I am also getting this issue on a test site with xoops 2.5.4 and the latest beta release of extcal 2.32 it think is the version. Getting wrong date format when trying to submit the event.

I translated the article at frxoops using gtranslate but is this a definate fix? and what about other modules that use dates? article module, news module, etc, etc will they be broken?

I feel upgrading to 2.5.4 is not a great idea right now no backwards compatibilty with older modules (and even newer ones it seems) not frogetting the fact that the majority of modules installed in xoops sites are not updated or maintained any longer.

redheadedrod

If you decide to take on date formats it will depend on the modules you are looking through. Would be nice if it was in one place but I have seen seen them listed in many places in a single module.

Realize that the database has to have a specific format for the date format and it will return that same format. PHP has methods to change back and forth from this database. So if you do modify this format you have to realize that it still has to be in a specific format to be saved in your database.

So you could try changing the dates read in from your database first and go from there. Once you have those all changed to the right format you could then try the ones that are entered in.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Anonymous
  • 2012/1/16 20:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

Will be there a fix in the core for the dateproblem or not?

For me it is very unclear what to do because the impact on modules is unknown. Even for extcal is it not yet clear.

For me its also weird that the update 2.5.4 caused that the modules will be changed in code.

Anonymous
  • 2012/1/26 21:17

• Anonymous

• Since:

Will be there a fix in the core for the dateproblem or not? Or otherwise a clear description how to deal with it!!

Roby73
  • 2012/1/27 0:21

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2011/6/15

The problem seems to be also in modules/system/admin.php?fct=mailusers

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits