• Since: 2006/3/4 5

I downloaded the latest XAMPP..now at version 1.7.7, that includes:

Quote:

* Apache 2.2.21
* MySQL 5.5.16
* PHP 5.3.8
* phpMyAdmin 3.4.5
* FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.39
* Tomcat 7.0.21 (with mod_proxy_ajp as connector)

i tried to install xoops 2.52 RC

during the database creation,modules installation and theme selection

i receive below errors in the header

xoops is installed but the error continue to appear in the header..and the font of in the front end is large

Quote:

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsDatabaseFactory::getDatabase() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\install\class\dbmanager.php on line 47

Quote:

Strict Standards: Declaration of XoopsCacheFile::write() should be compatible with that of XoopsCacheEngine::write() in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\class\cache\file.php on line 308

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::getHandler() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\class\cache\file.php on line 111

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::load() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\class\file\xoopsfile.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::getHandler() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\class\file\file.php on line 106

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::load() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\class\file\xoopsfile.php on line 108

Strict Standards: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method ProtectorCorePreload::eventCoreIncludeCommonStart() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\class\preload.php on line 139

Strict Standards: Non-static method Protector::getInstance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\xoops_lib\modules\protector\include\precheck_functions.php on line 12

Quote:

Strict Standards: Declaration of XoopsCacheFile::write() should be compatible with that of XoopsCacheEngine::write() in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\class\cache\file.php on line 308

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::getHandler() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\class\cache\file.php on line 111

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsFile::getHandler() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\fix\class\file\file.php on line 106

In my other station im using xampp 1.7.3

Quote:

* Apache 2.2.14
* mysql 5.1.41
* PHP 5.3.1

i have no problem at all

redheadedrod
Re: XOOPS 2.5x with xampp

I have been using xampp 1.7.2 with mine. 1.7.3 has some security flaws. So if you run it you will want to make sure you don't open it up to the world.

I have had issues with 1.7.4 with xoops 2.4.5 not installing. But 2.5.1a installed and ran fine.

Not sure that using anything beyond 1.7.2 is worth while at this time unless you REALLY have a need for the newer software that is included.

I believe the STRICT stuff you were getting is a security setting in the php.ini file and you can turn it off which will prevent this from happening. I also believe this is one of the things that will be addressed with xoops 2.5.3 once 2.5.2 is finalized.

I am sure Mamba can speak up if I am wrong as I know this is not the first time I have heard this.

Rodney

sabahan
  • 2011/9/30 2:39

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

Im using xampp just for testing purpose at home and office

i think this should be fix..as xampp is widely used and so new user can test latest xoops with latest xampp

sabahan
  • 2011/9/30 10:23

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

i have just tested latest joomla 1.7...it is worse..can't load the frontend with lots of warnings

this is xampp issue i guess

installation in xampp old release works fine

Mamba
  • 2011/9/30 15:20

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Please see this thread about E_STRICT settings in your php.ini file

BTW - if you're using Windows, I suggest WampServer for testing - it's much more user friendly in my experience.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits