nettawy007
pictures in news not appear in blocks
  • 2011/9/16 13:58

• nettawy007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/11

hello brothers ..

i tried news 1.67 , i found that , i can upload a photo for each article , but the photo appears only in article page , not in category page nor main index of the module

i need the picture to appear any where , blocks , news index , and category page

thanx ...

Peekay
Re: pictures in news not appear in blocks
  • 2011/9/16 23:58

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If you add picture to the 'Scoop' field from the Xoops image manager, it should appear in the main News index. You would however need to create a smaller version of your main picture for this. There is no automatic 'thumbnail' feature unfortunately.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

playsome
  • 2011/9/18 15:02

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hi, you can use the Article Module for news also and it has functionality you desire, article picture in blocks, index page, article page, you can see a working example on my site here

mboyden
  • 2011/9/18 20:27

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Make sure that the smarty tag <{$story.imglink}> is in your template (news_item.html). This is what inserts that image in the news index page stories.

Alternatively, if the image is included in the Summary excerpt, it will also display that way.

Also, you can implement FCKeditor and then you can insert your images in the content as well as have nice HTML editor. CKeditor is now included in the latest XOOPS installations, FCKeditor's successor, but I haven't played with it yet.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

107 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 107

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits