chefry
Bot Scout
  • 2011/8/16 13:20

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

As I previously mentioned in another thread, my site has been hit hard by bots. I think I may have found an answer

BotScout!

So maybe someone can create a module or hack for this

You can download the code, etc from

http://botscout.com/code.htm

I think bots and spammers is something that Xoops has not taken seriously. Sure we have the IP ban in preferences, but where do you find the IPs to ban? We have really done nothing about this.

So I think this would be a perfect solution to help stop spammers on xoops websites

TIA

TherealLoki
Re: Bot Scout
  • 2012/1/22 18:17

• TherealLoki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/1/22

TIA
Being as I am not a module builder, that part I leave to the smart people. lol
For the "where to find the IP's all I did for my site was to gotohttp://smartcounter.com ,signup for the free account, make the counter that suited me, then I pasted the output code into the footer section in admin/preferences/system options/meta tags and footer,(at the bottom). I placed the code just before the powered by xoops part. by putting it in the footer it will count the visitors to all your pages. when you click on the stat button it will take you to your counter page and you can see all IP's / ISP's/ everything. Hope this may help you.

Regards Loki

redheadedrod

This might be a good thing to add to xortify.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

chefry
  • 2012/1/23 8:54

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

xortify???

JAWMTDW

Peekay
  • 2012/1/23 14:00

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If you click on any of the IPs on the Bot Scout site, it's pretty clear that most attacks are being launched from PCs which have been infected with malware. One IP I looked at has over 20,000 matches!

If someone does build a Xoops module for Bot Scout, it would be good idea to inform banned visitors that they may have an infected PC, because I doubt that many victims will even know.

In their forum, this is the first thing they mention to people asking to be removed from the black list.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits