Peekay
A new bug tracker for 2.5?
  • 2011/8/14 18:49

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

On the Sourceforge bug tracker for Xoops, out of 1,719 reported bugs (which cover every version) there are 100 open items, 25 of which are allocated to the 2.5.x group.

My favourite is "Where it walks the icon of Manager of Blocks?"

In light of the recent 'let's fix it' initiative, does anyone think it would be a good idea to consolidate the bugs relating to 2.5 in a different tracker so it is easier for the core team to manage and easier for users to post reports?.

I understand that many bugs roll-over from previous versions, but the current tracker doesn't present a very clear picture of the state of play, IMHO.

If the new core team could extract the ones they know are valid and serious and create a new tracker, the task of creating a bug-free 2.5 may be less daunting and it would be easier for Xoops end-users to see the progress that is being made.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Mamba
Re: A new bug tracker for 2.5?
  • 2011/8/14 20:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Peekay, Trabis is now on vacation, as well as ForMuss. They should be available in a week or two, so hopefully they can discuss it and make some recommendations.

We definitely need to have a list of bugs that should be addressed in 2.5.2 and prioritize them.

Switching to Tracker (also on SourceForge) might be an alternative, but let's see what the team will say...

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

268 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 268

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits