3 => 'xcgal',
4 => 'newbb',
5 => 'contact',
6 => 'protector',
);

With this file residing in Xoops Cache I get:

'Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area.'

whenever I attempt to register.

If I remove this file and make the Xoops Cache read only then the registration process runs fine. Is there anything in the file content that is causing this?

I have moved my Xoops installation from a directory to the root of my domain so maybe there is a path issue somewhere though I have checked mainfile.php and so on, and also checked the database. Maybe I have missed something?

playsome
Re: Can't access registration screen.
  • 2011/7/20 20:02

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hi,

I had a similar problem with the same file you mention, you can read about it here, for some reason it seemed to give me an internal server error, when I deleted it my site was fine, no error, but went back to the error when the file regenerated.

I am not sure what that file is for, maybe a dev could explain?

Turns out my issue was with a module and probably not directly with that file, check your permissions on the profile module and make sure anonymous users can access it, turn on debug aswell and see if profile module throws any errors.

As far as I know xoops_cache has to be writable try change permissions to 755 instead of 777 and see what happens.

Mkjones
  • 2011/7/20 20:59

• Mkjones

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/29

Thanks for that. I read the other post and it was informative.

I thought that the file was just a 'red herring' in a way and the problem lies elsewhere. I have stopped the cache being writable now so the file can't be regenerated. The cache isn't being used much and only a few files are in there at times so I think I will leave things alone for now until I get used to Xoops and learn more about the modules. Obviously a module is the problem and I think it is the system one. For now though the site is working ok.

I will check my profile module as you mentioned now.

To be honest I think I better setup a test site - complete clone - and do the testing on there as this site is active now.

Mkjones
  • 2011/7/20 22:11

• Mkjones

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/29

I have found out where the problem was. This code was missing from my theme:

<{$xoops_module_header}>

My private messaging wasn't working which looked like it was missing some javascript so I decided to check the default theme header section. I then compared it to my choice of theme. It was missing the above. After adding the code everything works great. I have now made my xoops cache writable again and registration is working with captcha. Captcha wasn't showing before. Hopefully now my site will run as it is supposed to.

ddmaxwell
  • 2011/7/21 13:01

• ddmaxwell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/7/14

Great information, thanks for this post. This is most helpful

Login

Who's Online

109 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 109

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits