• 2011/7/17 19:17

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hello all,

just started getting some issues with my site www.whitlawburncrc.org.uk

xoops 2.4.5
php vers 5.2.9

started getting internal server error sometime between last night and this morning

I contacted surpasshosting support who said this error message was being invoked by the main page

[Sun Jul 17 13:18:27 2011] [error] [client 72.29.91.44] Premature end of script headers: index.php

When i look in the error log in cpanel i do not see this error all i see is file cannot be found 500.shtml errors

I have tried clearing caches smarty cache and smarty cache did not help but in xoops cache i notived that delteing the file xoops_system_modules_active_http%3A%2F%2Fwww_whitlawburncrc_org_uk.php lets me access the site but only once, once the file regenerates its back to a 500 error

the contents of the above file are

return array (

=> 'system',

=> 'rmcommon',

=> 'mastop_go2',

=> 'smartobject',

=> 'profile',

=> 'mysearch',

=> 'protector',

=> 'mastop_publish',

=> 'qpages',

=> 'extcal',

10 => 'wfresource',

11 => 'wfchannel',

12 => 'xcgal',

13 => 'smartpartner',

14 => 'multiMenu',

15 => 'docs',

16 => 'content',

17 => 'g-teas-cafe',

18 => 'sitemap',

19 => 'newbb',

20 => 'links',

21 => 'article',

22 => 'tag',

23 => 'pm',

24 => 'contact',

25 => 'mytabs',

26 => 'shop',

27 => 'tips-for-saving-energy',
);

im assuming this is just a list of active modules and their ID's?

When i accessed admin.php after deleting the above file i was getting a fatal error with rmcommon

Fatal error: Class 'RMTemplate' not found in /****/****/public_html/modules/rmcommon/admin_loader.php on line 18

I have tried re uploading rmcommon but to no avail. I am certain that no changes where made to any files which would have casued this error.

The only thing is when i delete the file xoops_system_modules_active_http%3A%2F%2Fwww_whitlawburncrc_org_uk.php from xoops_cache i can access the site but as i said once the file regenerates its back to a 500 error, could there be something wrong with this file causing the issue or something else?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

martin

Mamba
Re: Urgent help needed internal server error
  • 2011/7/17 19:58

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

1) I would run filecheck to make sure that all XOOPS files are correct

2) When you google, there were some reports about these problems caused by CGI configurations. You might check with your host about it.

Other issues reported were related to permissions.

BTW - I think, last week SurpassHosting was doing some updates on the UK servers. Maybe this is related to that. Check with them...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

playsome
  • 2011/7/17 20:01

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Mamba, thanks for your reply

I have managed to stop the 500 error by deactivating rmcommon and redmexico gui from phpmyadmin, i then made them active again and the 500 error was still fixed

still got the same fatal error when accessing admin php though so I am now overwrting rm common files with the latest version to see what happens.

I will try the file check also

Thanks

playsome
  • 2011/7/17 21:06

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

I Managed to resolve this issue. I had to delete RM common directory and all files, drop rmcommon tables from the DB remove redmexico admin gui and deactivate the qpages module then re-install rmcommon latest version and all seems to work now.

Just out of curiosity, when i was getting the fatal error that a class associated with rmcommon could not be found, how can this happen if one minute all is OK and the next the class cannot be found? what can casue this type of error? I had checked no files where missing so this was not the case, i am curious as to how a class can somehow dissapear.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits