chefry
Character Sets
  • 2011/7/15 17:03

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

I want to make the names of my modules in 2 languages. English and Cyrillic UTF-8 character sets.

I also plan to edit all the modules I am using so that both languages appear everywhere.

However, when I made the change in the module names, form the module list, the Cyrillic characters end up just a random mess of special characters.

The install was done as UTF-8

Any suggestions?

Mamba
Re: Character Sets
  • 2011/7/15 19:49

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You XOOPS and the Database have to be both installed as UTF-8. If you're using data from previous installations of XOOPS, you have to make sure that they are also all in UTF-8. What sometimes happens is that a table or a particular record is still in something non-UTF, and then you'll get funny characters.

So it's important that you have all:

- XOOPS
- database
- tables
- individual records

as UTF-8

You might also check if your host is supporting the character set that you've selected.

If all of the above are correct, then you should not have any problems (Если все вышеперечисленное правильно, то вы не должны иметь никаких проблем.)
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

chefry
Re: Character Sets
  • 2011/7/15 21:17

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

It's a fresh install on my computer using Wamp. The install was done as UTF-8 and my Win7 OS is installed in Russian with an english language pack

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits