carcga
Problem in Xoops Installation
  • 2011/4/25 4:38

• carcga

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/4/24

I have just installed Xoops for developing and testing, but in step 11/14 i get this message before the Xoops Installation wizard:

"Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\xoops\include\common.php on line 76"

has Somebody any idea of which is the problem?

PD. The message is generated many times with diferent functions, like XoopsLoad::loadCore(), XoopsCache::read(), XoopsFile::getHandler(), etc.

Thanks a lot

Mamba
Re: Problem in Xoops Installation
  • 2011/4/25 9:20

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Welcome to XOOPS!

One solution is to change in your php.ini file:

error_reporting E_ALL E_STRICT

to

error_reporting E_ALL & ~E_STRICT

or:

error_reporting E_ALL

I guess, the second solution would be to make the function explicitly "static" by adding the word "static" in the front of the function:

static function getInstance()

in the appropriate class, but that would be up to our Core team experts.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

carcga
  • 2011/4/28 2:21

• carcga

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/4/24

Excellent!

It seems you've got a lot of experience in PHP and/or Xoops.

Thankyou very much.

velochris
  • 2011/6/10 21:04

• velochris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/6/9 2

I'm having this same problem with my first local installation--about 30 errors related to a non-static method being called statically:

"Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLoad::load() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\include\common.php on line 49"

and I also have a single instance of this slightly different error:

"Strict Standards: Declaration of XoopsCacheFile::write() should be compatible with that of XoopsCacheEngine::write() in C:\xampp\htdocs\class\cache\file.php on line 308"

I located the PHP.ini file and made the suggested change, but the errors are still displaying. I've also tried various alternatives to the physical paths on mainfile.php. Currently, it's just:

"define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', 'C:/xampp/htdocs'); "

I'm completely new to XOOPS and PHP (was trapped in various ASP nightmares in the past, but have repressed most), so any help is much appreciated.

My versions:
+ Xoops 2.5.1a
+ Apache 2.2.17
+ MySQL 5.5.8 (Community Server)
+ PHP 5.3.5 (VC6 X86 32bit) + PEAR
+ XAMPP Control Version 2.5 from www.nat32.com

drtc
  • 2012/3/22 2:30

• drtc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/3/22

Well, you can guess why I am here. Thanks Mamba for the info above. With that and some reading in the php.ini file, I hope I will have this put down.

Using a WAMPP stack with current component packages to date and was sucessful with WP. Tried Drupal and ran into these 'STRICT' mySQL errors, also.

I really look forward to a sucess with XOOPS! as it looks perfect for an intranet and eventual private web portal.

Why is my cursor not working in this editor?

Thanks,

David

redheadedrod

These are known issues and I believe in the up coming 2.6 version those issues will no longer be there. The idea for now is to tone down the error reporting from PHP and that is what Mamba is spelling out.

The code works, just PHP doesn't like it and it might break in a future version of PHP but for now it works fine.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits