chocofrodo
New Mediawiki module?
  • 2011/3/30 16:33

• chocofrodo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/2/23

Hello everybody,

I want to install a mediawiki in XOOPS 2.5, and till now, that's what has happened:

I've found two mediawiki xoops versions, 1.63 and 1.71. Installing them has been straightforward: I've only copied mediawiki folder in my modules folder, and installed them, WHITOUT the other two folders: Framework or Database.

First problem was blank page after install it, but it was because mediawiki doesn't work with PHP 5.3, due to mediawiki uses a reserved name in /includes/Namespace.php. Solving this, with help ofhttp://icesquare.com/wordpress/mediawiki-error-parse-error-syntax-error-unexpected-t_namespace-expecting-t_string-in-usrlocalwwwapache22datawikiincludesnamespace-php-on-line-46/, both modules started to work. And now, my problems and my request:

The problems are:
- 1.63 uses deprecated functions, but use mediawiki standards.
- 1.71 doesn't have deprecated functions, but doesn't use the mediawiki standards, I mean, if you use ==Title==, it shows both equals.

I've seen that 1.71 release is from MediaWiki 1.7.1, July 8, 2006, five years ago. Has anyone adapted a latest version than the 1.7.1? Last MediaWiki version is 1.16.2, released last February, is someone interested in helping to adapt it to XOOPS?

See you!

Mazarin
Re: New Mediawiki module?
  • 2011/3/30 20:39

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

I believe redheadedrod was working on a port of the latest MediaWiki, but don't know the status of that.

Mamba
  • 2011/3/30 21:01

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

He put it on hold for the time being...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Yes I wasn't really getting as far as I wanted to with it and I ended up getting involved in other stuff so it went by the way side.

I am off on other projects at this time with very limited time so I do not know if I will go back to trying to update this module or making a new one.

If there is interest I MAY take it back up but I am currently reading up on the Zend Framework and catching up on some other technologies until I have time to start slamming out some code I really want to get done.

Rodney

chocofrodo
  • 2011/3/31 17:55

• chocofrodo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/2/23

Hi, I'm going to try to port it.

Till now, I've download mediawiki 1.16.2, written a xoopsversion.php and installed it as a module. This shows a mediawiki link in my menu, and when I push on it, I have to install the mediawiki as a normal mediawiki one.

So, I have now a mediawiki on my xoops 2.5, but I don't know how to integrate it. I mean, how could I make xoops_user and wiki_user be the same? How could I make the output of the mediawiki being integrated in XOOPS?

Any help would be appreciated, see ya!

redheadedrod

If you look at the original Media Wiki module you will see that he modified some of the media wiki files to look at xoops.

You should be able to see some good examples of what needs to be done.

There is an install script as well that was written specific for xoops.

When I was doing this I had mediawiki using the xoops database for the user and was working on the install script and was about 70% done with it but did not understand the xoops objects at the time.

Once you get the install script and the configuration files working then you can add some of the other stuff if you want as well.

There is a module that converts wordpress into a xoops module and I was looking into using that approach to work with mediawiki. I believe it would work but just never had the time to work on it.

The wordpress module is called xpress.

Rodney

irmtfan
  • 2012/11/7 6:39

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Mediawiki 1.71 is very old module and have this error in php 5.3
Parse errorsyntax errorunexpected T_NAMESPACEexpecting T_STRING in ****/modules/mediawiki/includes/Namespace.php on line 46

and according to this tutorial:
https://xoops.org/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Media_Wiki_1.7_for_XOOPS_2.5.5_Tutorial

You should change "class Namespace" to "class MWNamespace".
Also you should change all "Namespace::" to "MWNamespace::"
I did a patch for my website.

http://www.jadoogaran.org/modules/mediawiki/xoops_mediawiki171_Namespace_fix.zip

so people using this module can just upload and extract.
I hope finally somebody can import the latest mediwiki to Xoops as a module.

redheadedrod

I have been more than swamped with college work so I haven't been able to come in here much but it looks like I will have 5 weeks off for Christmas break.

I could probably take another look at this module and see what I can do with it.

How much functionality is desired compared to the current one?

I should be able to get something so that we can use this with xoops but it won't be as blended in as the current one is. I already spent some time on it but I was not aware of how xoops worked and I am far further along in my experience now. I have not messed much with Namespaces yet and the concept is kind of new to me yet but I would be willing to learn about them.

My FIRST priorities will be finishing up the PDO database stuff and the Install script which may take up all of my break on their own but we shall see.

Rodney

irmtfan
  • 2012/11/10 6:19

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

usually porting another system as a module in xoops need a full information of Xoops API.
but maybe we can do a bridge between latest xoops and latest mediawiki versions with the minimum connections. IMO just _users and _group_permissions tables are important. users should login/register in xoops and mediawiki should recognize them and accept the permissions.

redheadedrod

The original MediaWiki plugin didn't pull in many if any of the permissions. Only the user name and you had to use Media Wiki's normal system for configuring additional permissions.

I was considering making a xoops admin module for it so you could do the stuff from xoops admin but like I said, I didn't understand xoops well enough.

Still not sure if I understand how to do blocks and that sort of thing yet but can work through it as I need to.

I suspect I may not have much time to tinker with this until summer when I am off for the summer due to the class load I seem to have.

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits