AlexSolo
Getting white pages after moving files to another server.
  • 2011/3/15 3:33

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

Here's what happened. Server crashed, back-up AFU so now I had to resort to taking the database files into my local MAMP install and fix the permissions. I am working with Xoops 2.13, yea I know, i should have been upgrading as things got better. But if it ain't broke don't fix it. Well, now it's broke. Moved everything to a new server. Just getting white pages. It may be a permission issue, not for the database (fixed that) but with the pages themselves. Any idea where to start? This is a Plesk server so it is really hard to install fresh as it is not on line yet and I can only see the page thru Plesk admin via i.P.

Pretty sure I have all the paths correct.

Any clues as to what to do.

Mamba
Re: Getting white pages after moving files to another server.
  • 2011/3/15 4:32

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Moved everything to a new server. Just getting white pages. It may be a permission issue, not for the database (fixed that) but with the pages themselves. Any idea where to start?

There could be problems between your new server, the PHP version, and some of the modules.

The best way is to deactivate the modules in your database (see the xxx_modules table), and check if the installation is working only with the System module.
Then activate modules one by one, making sure that they work. This is the best way to find out which one module is causing problems.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits