holljac
Fatal error: Class 'XoopsLogger' not found
  • 2011/3/2 5:49

• holljac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/4

I'm trying to copy my site from the hosted server to home server. I have made sure that all permissions and ownerships are correct. I've also made sure that the mainfile is relevant to local and not remote. I have emptied the cache folders and the browser cache too. I have two other sites on my local computer, a zen-cart and a drupal. These work fine. No matter what I try, all I get is a blank page with the following on it:

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/bows/include/common.php on line 107

Fatal error: Class 'XoopsLogger' not found in /var/www/html/bows/include/functions.php on line 316

I have tried several things that I have found on the web and in the forum and cannot figure out what is wrong. A few things that are different is my setup is using php version 5.3.3 and the hosting company's is using 5.2.16. My version of mysql is 5.1.42 and the hosting company's is 5.1.47-community-log. Hosting is using Apache 2.2.17 and I'm using 2.2.16.
Does anyone have any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

I'm using Xoops version 2.3.3 on Linux and the hosting is using Linux also. I wanted to bring the site down to my computer so I upgrade to the newest xoops in a local setting rather than live one.

holljac
Re: Fatal error: Class 'XoopsLogger' not found
  • 2011/3/2 21:58

• holljac

• Just popping in

Anyone? Any ideas??

timgno
  • 2011/3/3 11:13

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

What do you think upgrade to xoops 2.5?

redheadedrod

Maybe you should tell us how you performed this?

You will also want to make sure if you have protector installed that you disable it or it WILL prevent you from accessing the system.

At this time when you do the upgrade due to some bugs still in it I STRONGLY suggest upgrading to 2.4.5. Once you get THAT working it is simple to upgrade to 2.5 and see if everything is still working locally.

I would suggest trying to install a fresh version of xoops on your home server and see if it works on your home server.

You can compare the files and make sure your paths are all correct.

I tried to do this and I gave up and just installed from scratch but maybe you will have better luck. I went from linux to windows.

Rodney

holljac
  • 2011/3/3 16:44

• holljac

• Just popping in

Protector has been disabled via phpMyAdmin. I used an rsync client and copied the entire site from remote to local, then made appropriate changes to the mainfile and made sure all the folders that required write privileges had them. I emptied all caches including the browser cache.

The whole reason why I want to do this is so that I can do an upgrade locally and then ftp it up after all bugs and issues are fixed. I am not willing to risk extended downtime on the live site. So until I can get this working there won't be any upgrading.

redheadedrod

Have you tried installing a fresh version of xoops on your local server?

Try that and make note of the directory paths.

Your versions of PHP and everything else SHOULD be close enough that you shouldn't have major issues.

Another thing you can try is go into the local database and disable all the modules and see if you can get just xoops up and running then turn the modules back on one by one. Then you don't have some weird thing that is going on in one module affecting the whole site.

As you turn the modules on you can see if they all work.

This is also a good thing to do when you do the upgrade. Disable all the modules and turn them back on one at a time.

If your site is not working you have to do this via Phpmyadmin and I believe it is the modules table.

I just had to do this on my site while checking compatibility of some modules with my 2.4.5 site.

I STRONGLY suggest going to 2.4.5 before going to 2.5 because some modules seem to have issues with 2.5 that don't with 2.4.5. Hopefully 2.5.1 will fix these but your best bet is to upgrade to 2.4.5 first.

Rodney

holljac
  • 2011/3/4 17:39

• holljac

• Just popping in

A fresh install of xoops works fine. That isn't the issue. I just tried disabling all modules except the system module via phpMyAdmin. I still get the same error.

I would love to upgrade, but am not going to do it on the live site. That is why I want to have a local copy up and running.

holljac
  • 2011/3/5 2:38

• holljac

• Just popping in

I re-copied the site to local. Re-export the db and imported it locally. I have made sure that mainfile is pointing to the appropriate local folders. I have assured that all caches have 777 permissions. I've cleared all caches including the browsers. Commented out the lines about pre and post check for protector in the mainfile. Disabled all modules in the db except system. I still have the same error message.

Do you think it would be possible to try to run an upgrade even though it is erroring out?

iHackCode

That error you get is from the differences in the php branches (5.2x and 5.3x).

Quote:

holljac wrote:
A fresh install of xoops works fine. That isn't the issue.

was that XOOPS 2.3.3?
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

holljac
  • 2011/3/5 5:54

• holljac

• Just popping in

What is the difference that makes this happen? Is there anything I can do other than downgrading php? Yes it is xoops 2.3.3

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits