DariusThe3rd
External database for registration

I have a chat running on my website and I would like to have its members to have their own profile page. The chat-software itself can create a link to such a page already.

Is it possible, using Xoops, for people who register at the chat to create a personal page at the same time by using a mutual database or tables in seperate databases?

I understand they would have to register on a Xoops page first, which wound't be a problem. I was just wondering if a certain module could get its data from another database and the rest from Xoop's own db.

D3

redheadedrod
Re: External database for registration

Most places I know of that do this would require you to register on the site first then access the chat with the information from the site. Not vise versa.

No registration on the site? No use of the chat...

DariusThe3rd

Thank you for your answer redheadedrod.

Users have to register for the chat already - it has its own database. Via the APC I can add a link to each user's profile that looks something like this:

http://yourwebsite/profile.php?user=%USER%

I wondered if it was possible to hook this up with the Xoops database so that users can edit their own profile page using the same nickname and password.

D3

DariusThe3rd

Nevermind, found the solution: A well hidden plugin for the chat software itself. Chat is going to use the Xoops database.

Took me two days to find it though...

D3

Balzac
  • 2011/1/23 22:10

• Balzac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/11

Great. Now, share you solution with the community.
Which chat and what solution?

DariusThe3rd

123Flashchat. It's a commercial product ($199) but has loads of features. There's a plugin for Xoops (if you look for it *grinz*) which integrates the chat into your Xoops site so users only have to log in once.

I was looking for something like this so I could put site announcements on the login page and have my members create their personal pages too.

D3

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits