Mamba
DH-Info 2.30
  • 2010/12/31 9:48

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Alfred (DHsoft) just upgraded his DH-Info module for 2.5.0 (Thank you! )

This is a nice module because it lets you build nice Tree structure of your content pages and present it as Menu via a block.

I've updated the English translations, and made few changes, that Alfred might include in his next release, if he likes them.

I've tested this module with XOOPS 2.5.0 on local WAMP Server with PHP 5.3.4

Changes:

- Updated English Translations
- I've changed the icons to be more consistent with the standard XOOPS Admin Icons (i.e. using Crystal PNG icons) (see also this thread here)
- moved some hard coded translations to the language files

Some issues that I had:

* I can select a WYSIWYG Editor, but it doesn't become permanent, i.e. when I open again to edit later, it goes back to xDHTML Edtior

* If I use WYSIWYG Editor, e.g. TinyMCE, and save the content, it doesn't show it as HTML, but as a code. It probably has something to do with the fact that it reverts to xDHTML Editor. Maybe it would be possible to select the Editor in Preferences, and the Editor becomes permanently selected.

* When you make blocks visible in the "Block Management" tab, the "designated page" where they should be visible doesn't stick. Only when you edit them individually by clicking on "Edit" for the block, you can assign them to "Top Page" or "All Pages" and it will stick. It is probably an issue with Core. The question is then: is it possible to find the bug in Core and fix it, or should we make the changes to the module itself, including potentially removing this kind of Block Management and link it directly to the old way of setting blocks, which then will access directly the "drag & drop" Interface.

* in Blocks Admin Tab, when you click on submit, you see:

_AM_DBUPDATED
_MD_AM_DBUPDATED

but adding them to the language files didn't do anything. I assume, they are looking somewhere else for the value, but something seems to be broken, and I couldn't find it.

* Tooltip:

It shows the Tooltip content in:
modules/info/submit.php?op=edit&id=1&return=1
but not in:
modules/info/admin/index.php?op=edit&id=1

I tried to find out why, but didn't have much time to look more into it.

I zipped the changes into DH-Info 2.31, so Alfred can evaluate them for potential inclusion in his future version.

Download: You can download the changes here
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

jcweb
Re: DH-Info 2.30
  • 2010/12/31 12:12

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/25

Thanks alfred for the update of the module!

@mamba
That the TinyMCE show as default editor, open the file /include/form.php in line 180 and change

if(empty($editor)) $editor "dhtmltextarea";

to

if(empty($editor)) $editor "tinymce";

xxxx

I found some bugs more, i think @alfred woll love to see them in the bugtracker, i will do this too, @mamba can you confirm?

If i create a new page in the admin section of the module, the Tooltip Line is deactivated. If i edit the page in the frontend i can fill out the Tooltip line. Confirm?

HTML tags did not work. This can be fix in the index.php, i think the lines 236 - 238 and 276 - 278 must be modified. I try it and now bbcode and html tags works, xhtml tags are not works for me. I will wait what alfred comment to that, so will not post my fixes until i create a bug entry.

One thing, its more an optical problem (maybe only for me). In the template file (info_index.html) you use br tags. One br tag when title is show or not. if not, you always have a empty line at the top of the page. I delete this one br tag and now it looks fine for me.

xxxx

A feature request: Is it possible to implement the tag module?

Great work alfred, thanks again and a lot for sharing with us!
Andy

alfred
  • 2011/1/6 18:47

• alfred

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/10/29

Update to the last SVN-Version

I have fixed many Bugs.

Alfred

Mamba
  • 2011/1/6 21:30

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Great news!

It seems like I cannot make the "Menu Block" visible. I'll be testing some more...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits