mboyden
JSCal2
  • 2010/7/6 23:56

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I'm finally working on a live site upgrade to 2.4.4 (from 2.3.3b) and the new version includes JSCal2 as a replacement to the original jscalendar date selector.

JSCal2 technically isn't free (although it is open source). There is an $80/site license for it (with some package deals) and I can't find any information related to it being free for certain uses (like non-commercial sites).

Am I missing something or did the JSCal2 license change since implementing it? If not, is there a reason that XOOPS is basing its core software on a for-profit script?

I know that jQuery is the future direction. Is there a reason we aren't using a jQuery calendar? They exist and I've put them to use, too.

Will 2.5.x have jsQuery replacing it? (I obviously haven't looked yet) or is it staying with this JSCal2? Either way for this site, they want it all FOSS as it's part of the organization's mentality, but there are some fixes in 2.4.4 they want.

I'll note, too, that in their theme, I'll have to figure out why it's not displaying properly themed -- probably some little trick to it I've not yet seen in the docs.

Thanks!
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Catzwolf
Re: JSCal2
  • 2010/7/7 0:13

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

The JSCal2 calendar has been removed from the next version (2.4.5) for the reasons you are asking about and has been replaced with a previous version.

I'm not sure about a JQuery version, but in reality I suppose that is the way Xoops should be looking I guess.

ATB

Catz

mboyden
  • 2010/7/7 4:15

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

there is the jQuery datepicker widget in the jQuery UI core.

I could likely commit some code related to this (and default/blank dates, too) if helpful.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Mamba
  • 2010/7/7 5:01

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

If I'm not mistaken, this is the same that is being used in XOOPS 2.5.0 Alpha 2.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits