Xtracted
Multiple xoops file structures using same database
  • 2010/5/25 20:09

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/7 2

So, I am building a special site (actually two or three or more) and I have more or less decided that I will use Xoops for the whole project but I would appreciate some input before getting started.

So, the site will have two or three or even more domains linked to it and I want to have different themes on each site but same user database, same modules and everything and I will control access to modules for different sites by using the group permissions in Xoops.

My thought is to put one dir on my webserver for each domain, point the domain to the approperiate dir, make a custom settings file for each site pointing to the same database.

Since the template in use is controlled by the database I will modify the files in the template folder for each site to give each site a unique appearance.

The only thing I need more is to have people registering from a certain domain added to a special group for that domain. I guess I can make a hack for the registration function to solve this, shouldnt be very advanced.

So, any input about this? Will it work? Have I missed something?

Burning
Re: Multiple xoops file structures using same database
  • 2010/5/25 21:56

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

There is a module to manage multisite : Multisite 1.40

Download link
Installation (v. 1.30)

I have never tested it
Still learning CSS and... english

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits