bowapril
responsibilities
  • 2010/5/6 1:53

• bowapril

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/5/6 1

Hello id like to introduce myself April Iosif im wishcrafts wife. Just like to tell you that it has been a pleasure supporting my husband Simon while he has voluteered to restitute this project. He has worked long hours even after i have gone to bed i hate to see him so upset over a recent incident in your community with Michael Beck.

He has given tireless hours with such a happy outlook about xoops most of the time it was more than a pleasure listening to him about the projects and progress: with of clients lo
looking for xoops development.

In the years that we have been married, i have never seen him unable to be on good terms with his working team, let alone with a free organization that he has put endless work on and has thoroughly enjoyed. Michael Beck is trying to define wishcrafts products and their distribution method without any consideration that he is not hired as a consultant/adviser/partner. He has consistantly removed his posts.

Have read most of wishcrafts post and i dont see how they were removed. He has done hours of work designing better ways for xoops to perform for the community, i myself have had some experience that in a business it should be accepted even if a person has manners only, and he has great manners.

Im not sure what tcpip is but he is one of the developers since version one. Often wonder why he was not working for someone that was paying him in an organisation, or offered an official role that seems to be one sided where you will take the product but not recogognize it.

Thank you for your time but i cannot make him contribute to xoops will you please apologise to him.

Yours sincirely
April Iosif

vamptrix
Re: responsibilities
  • 2010/5/23 10:45

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

April, Wishcraft has indeed done a lot for XOOPS - how many great modules hasn't he created?

I also have seen several topics vanishing, and censoring things is never a solution. I say that there should be a moderation code that every moderator should listen to - removing posts NEVER solves problems.

To say it in real words, by censoring criticism in China, you won't stop it. By talking things out, you can make a change.
Look at Google and China: they first tried to talk it out before they took action.

Action should only come AFTER there was a clear discussion about it.

I'm staying neutral in this, but know that this isn't a problem we have about this only, but also in other discussions. In my eyes, a moderation code, like many sites have one, can help a lot.

Edited by me, vamptrix. I fear I was wrong about the vanishing topic - overlooked it, silly me xD
I used to use this account, but no longer.

Peekay
  • 2010/5/23 14:09

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

@ bowapril

I too hope this issue is resolved. Xoops needs talented people on their team.

@ vamptrix

There is already a moderation code for the XO forums:

https://xoops.org/modules/wfchannel/index.php?pagenum=6

It's there so that moderators don't have to make a subjective decision if they spot a problem. They just need to enforce the same rules for every post.

Quote:
Disrespectful behaviors, offensive sentences, insults and others language abuses, as describe above, will be edited and deleted without warning.

A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Mamba
  • 2010/5/23 16:29

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I also have seen several topics vanishing, and censoring things is never a solution. I say that there should be a moderation code that every moderator should listen to - removing posts NEVER solves problems.

Do you have concrete examples of those topics vanishing? If you're raising an issue, we need to be specific!

As Peekay said, we have very clear XOOPSiquette and our Terms of Use, which need to be followed.

Our team of moderators is doing a great job ensuring that these forums stay friendly and SPAM-free. If we believe that a user came here to SPAM our Forums, his posts will be deleted.

If we believe that somebody is attacking personally somebody else, or starts a flame against somebody or against XOOPS, we will edit the post or delete, and potentially ban this person.

In regarding to Wishcraft's post in question, part of it included a personal attack on another programmer. I have deleted that post and asked Wishcraft to redo his post, and told him that once done, I would be glad to post it for him.

@ Peekay:

Quote:
It's there so that moderators don't have to make a subjective decision if they spot a problem. They just need to enforce the same rules for every post.

Unfortunately, Wishcraft has tendency to disrespect our XOOPSiquette and our Terms of Use. I've tried to work around that in the past, and edit when needed, but since he is then complaining that we are "censoring" him, I left his recent post intact, so people can actually see what he is sometimes writing - using profanity and flaming other people. According to our rules he should be banned or at least suspended. And if he doesn't stop his flaming style, that what will happen, regardless of how many modules he has developed.

Yes, we appreciate all his work and contributions, but it doesn't allow him to stand above anybody else on these forums, use profanity, be abusive to others. The rules have to be valid for all of us.

All of us can can disagree on some issues, but we need to do it with respect for the other people. And we need to follow the XOOPSiquette and our Terms of Use.

I hope, we'll will step back and ask ourselves how it it really benefits XOOPS...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits