Valio69
Two DB in Xoops
  • 2010/4/6 11:55

• Valio69

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/2 1

I have 2 different BD in my XOOPS site. One of it - main XOOPS (XOOPS_DB_NAME) ofcourse, and one another. When I tried to connect to another nothing happend - Smarty.class returned me an error "unable to read resource" etc. Then I saw in mysqldatabase.php something like this:

if (!mysql_select_db(XOOPS_DB_NAME)) {

$this->logger->addQuery(''$this->error(), $this->errno());
                return 
false;
            }

So this means that I cant use data on my XOOPS site from another DB. Is there some way to solve this problem?

mboyden
Re: Two DB in Xoops
  • 2010/4/6 20:16

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Assuming you have a database matched up to a fileset of a particular XOOPS installation and set of modules, then yes, you should be able to switch it back and forth using the config file, assuming the domain name and such match as well overall.

Is that the question you were asking?

Valio69
  • 2010/4/7 10:24

• Valio69

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/1/2 1

Mboyden, thank you.

Yes, I need to use another DB in XOOPS site content. Could you please give me an example in what file I have to make some changes for that.

TNX!

mboyden
  • 2010/4/7 13:36

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I must admit that I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you trying to move another existing XOOPS database onto this one, or are you trying to have one database for two different web applications, or something else entirely?

Some ISPs only give you a single database to work with, thus you need XOOPS data and OtherAPP data in the same database.

If it's a XOOPS database, as long as it matches, then it's pretty easy. I made a checklist for moving a site from one domain to another. May it's of assistance to this situation. If not, then please clearly define what you are trying to do, otherwise my replies are likely off base.

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits