reumert
Image Galleri for xoops 2.4.4?
  • 2010/3/10 10:00

• reumert

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/3 1

Is there a Image Galleri that can function in XOOPS 2.4.4?
I have not found any on this site.
I would be very glad if someone can help me

Burning
Re: Image Galleri for xoops 2.4.4?
  • 2010/3/10 11:43

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

anderssk
  • 2010/3/10 11:56

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/21

I prefer the Tadgallery, specially the reading of photo exif information is a great facility

susanna_le
  • 2010/3/11 22:00

• susanna_le

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/3/1 2

I tried to install Tadgallery but nothing happens after that I press the install button. It seemstadkallery still seems to install but then when returning to the module section, nothing has happened and the icons are still in the section of the uninstalled modules. Is there anything else that I have to do after having transfered the directory to my site and having renamed it to "tadgallery"?

The same happens to Webphoto 2.10. They appear in the Module section of the Admin but nothing happens when installing.

Can one only have one gallery at a time installed at a XOOPS site?

Susana

bjuti
  • 2010/3/12 11:46

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Nope, you could have 100 modules if you want. :)

My experience with galleries. I've tried them all. The best one is still MyAlbum-P. Yes, it's obsolete an there is WebPhoto, but WebPhoto is TOO LARGE and TOO COMPLICATED!

So i'll stick to MyAlbum-P with rewritten templates.

The basic problem with MyAlbum-P that is abandoned. Noone wants to take further developement of it. So it's old but still the best.

You can find it on GIJOE's website.

Burning
  • 2010/3/12 14:35

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

@susanna_le
• could you tell us more ? XOOPS version, PHP version, MySQL... all these informations are available on the back office front page.
• your site is on a local environment or on a distant server ?
• have you installed other modules than TadGallery and Webphoto ?

@bjuti : it is your personnal opinion. I believe each module gets his own advantages.

• TadGallery is extremly simple and provide a lot of different layouts (with Ajax). User can make a very nice gallery quickly.

• eXtGallery is also simple and - among some developers I know - very well coded (I'm not skilled to judge, but it is true at least for templates). Some features are very interesting : each user can display his own album, you can send e-card, ... and a promising multi-upload on public side (1.8 version, but if I'm not wrong, bugged)

• myAlbum-P : nice and complete album module. I believe templates are too simple (as webphoto) and need customization. No improvment since many years, but still here. There is an interesting feature that we can't find in eXtGallery : top ten charts.

• Webphoto is certainly the more powerful gallery module, it has been developed with myAlbum-P sources. User need some patience and some knowledge to customize templates (in my opinion, too simple).

... personnally, I have no preference. It depends on the site, and also, it depends on the skill of the person responsible for updates.

All that to say that the variety of modules is a strength for XOOPS

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits