HopeL
Field visible on profile for these groups
  • 2010/3/7 1:03

• HopeL

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/21

I experimented with the 2.5 alpha version today (so nice!) and in the past with one of the 2.3 versions. I notice the profile module in 2.5 does not have the same permissions such as viewing profile fields for the anonymous group. In 2.2.4 it is known as "Field visible on profile for these groups". I don't remember what the 2.3 version offered but I assume it's the same. Can this be hard coded in somehow? I have a site for an organization that requires specific profile fields hidden from anonymous and it doesn't appear we can do that any longer. Perhaps I've missed it and the setting is somewhere else in the admin? If not, I can't understand why this option wasn't included nor how the 2.2.4 version can be upgraded and keep the same permissions.

If the "Field visible on profile for these groups" option for anonymous has been permanently removed, what is the suggested substitute for extended profiles? Currently, the profiles module is perfect for our needs in 2.2.4., easy to use, displays to correct groups, etc. This is so disappointing...

Thanks,
Hope

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits