redheadedrod
Another wierd issue with morphogenesis 3.13 (Differences on different servers)

Ok, so I got morphogenesis 3.13 working at home on my home server.

Quote:

XOOPS Version:
XOOPS 2.4.3

PHP Version:
5.2.4-2ubuntu5.9

MySQL Version:
5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4

Server Software:
Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.9 with Suhosin-Patch

User's Browser:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8

Looks great... Load it up on my production server...

Quote:

XOOPS Version:
XOOPS 2.4.3

PHP Version:

MySQL Version:
5.1.43-log

Server Software:
Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

User's Browser:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8

The production server shows an extra area between the header and the main center block. On an anonymous log in it shows a linux penguin with "Xoops" under it, a couple paragraphs in latin to the left of that and then a row of links to the left of that.

When logged in it shows 3 blocks and the links and paragraphs are gone but the penguin is still there.

I even then copied my production site to my home server then made the necessary modifications to the mainfile.php and so on to make the site work locally. The paths for the URLS and the database connection stuff I had to change but otherwise the two sites are identical.

Still doesn't show this extra section between the header and the main center block on the home site.

What am I missing?

I am trying to get the theme to show correctly on my home server so I can edit it to put on my production site.

Rodney

Mamba
Re: Another wierd issue with morphogenesis 3.13 (Differences on different servers)
  • 2010/2/23 6:30

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Can you provide screenshots and highlight the differences?

Burning
Re: Another wierd issue with morphogenesis 3.13 (Differences on different servers)
  • 2010/2/23 8:18

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Morpho has a template to display only on home page : xo_homepage.html.

You should open it (xotpl/xo-homepage.html), there are some instructions inside :
Quote:
<{if $smarty.server.PHP_SELF=='/index.php'}>
<!-- In the above line: if your site is at the root of the server, put '/index.php', otherwise '/foldername/index.php'
If you have difficulty finding the path, add <{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}> in first line of this file and the information displayed, then remove the line and this comments for safety issues <{$xoops_rootpath}>

note : if you don't want to display this template, just edit xotpl/xo-thm-parameter.html

redheadedrod

Ok thanks Burning, I will play with this when I get home tonight and see if I can figure it out.

I will likely post screen shots regardless so others can see what the issue was and the fix.

Hopefully it is this simple. I am hoping to keep the screen I get with the paragraph and links on top but not have the next screen when someone logs in.

Rodney

redheadedrod

Yup, this was my problem.

Again thanks Burning.. This fixed it and the code is pretty simple to edit for what I want so I am off and editing code for my "first" theme based on Morphogenesis...

Looks like the base for a theme I have been looking for...

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits