dk-melgaard
theme APH002

Hello

How to make this design in Full Size view.

I have some troubling making this design 100% width.

aph3x
Re: theme APH002
  • 2010/1/31 16:13

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

The short version:

you can't

The long version:

You will have to rethink the theme and putting aside the fact the 100% aren't used anymore as they used to because they aren't practical as despite the fact that might sound as "unlimited width" is the most limited when it comes to customization for your visitors..picture you spend half a day making your site look good on your screen.. do you think it will have same visual impact on people using larger resolutions, or smaller?
However you will need to use a different method of slicing the PSD and again a different method to recode the body and the center area of blocks(center, center-right, center-left..and same for bottom)

dk-melgaard

Okay Thanks for the reply. I have found a way around so i don't need to make a full size view with 100% and i can use the 990px.

But can you help me out, i have removed the Right block, but how do i get the center to take over the right block so the center gets 175px more ind the width.

aph3x
  • 2010/1/31 19:49

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

You don't have to do anything...altho the theme has 3 columns, the right column is not visible if no blocks are set to appear there.
Classes of center elements change to suit your column selection so if you have blocks only on left and center then center is bit bigger to fill the space and of right column. If you have blocks on both left and right column then the center will be smaller to fit in between

style.css if right column: center top/center bottom blocks width: 550px

style.css if no right column: center top/center bottom blocks width: 730px

same for the center-l, center-r, bottom-l, bottom-r they increase/decrease width to fit the theme.

So if you modified the theme files...you really didn't have to :)

dk-melgaard

ohh thats nice, :) and again thanks for the reply.

aph3x
  • 2010/1/31 20:11

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

my pleasure :)

Most things are more simple then they look and that applies to overall XOOPS stuff.
B'sides my site support forums are almost empty and you can't find real issues posted about themes i make either here or anywhere else cause they just work

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits