redheadedrod
Module Admin interface

Ok, with XOOPS 2.4.3 when a user is given Module Admin the system seems to handle it kind of wierd.

The Behavior on my system is as follows....

I have a user I have set in his own group because he is more of a moderator then web master.

He has admin over 3 modules at the moment... News, ExtGallery and Groups Manager.

In the user menu there is no Administration link until he clicks on either the news or eXtgallery link and the menus expand.
Then the Administration Menu link shows up on the User menu.

When you click on this it goes into the normal system admin menu and shows pretty much everything. If you use Oxygen as the admin theme it shows alot of links and such that of course they don't have permission to but are still there none the less. I can use the default theme but I really don't feel comfortable with them in the admin menu at all.

I would like to see an option to allow "moderators", which is what I am calling this user, to have a very limited admin menu that only shows the modules they have admin access to.

Not sure if it is a security risk or not but I am looking to build a system with XOOPS that would require module admin to be given to moderators but I REALLY do not want them to have to use the admin menu to get their module admin. Even if they are "denied" access because they don't have system admin for those I don't even want them to show up period.

Maybe this is just an Admin theme issue and I can build an admin theme to address this issue?

Burning
Re: Module Admin interface
  • 2010/1/28 0:48

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

If I well undestand, you're talking about a "super admin status"... Thats' also an old request for me

Trabis had gave me a very useful tip : here.

redheadedrod
Re: Module Admin interface

You go a little further but yea your idea is similar to mine.

his method is to hard code the admin theme but I would like to see maybe more of a separation of the admin and lesser admin menu.

Maybe I just have to dig into the core code and see if there is a way to add support easily for it and do it on my own.. If it works out well then it can always be tweaked and included in the core.

But since 2.4 is pretty much finalized I am guessing it would have to be a consideration for the 2.5 system at the earliest.

After looking at the post you mentioned it makes it sound like it would be relatively simple to add support for another "admin" section simply by adding another "admin theme" especially designed to only show the options you have available to you.

Don't know if you then could just use different templates or just do everything through the theme. Gives me some ideas anyhow...

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits