luciorota
New Image Manager is growing...
  • 2010/1/9 21:56

• luciorota

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/4/20

I've just commited the New Image Manager module on XOOPS repository ...

look here:
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsCore/branches/tasks/2.4.2-luciorota-modulize_imagemanager%2Bfeature_2865026/htdocs/modules/newimagemanager/

or here for XOOPS 2.4.2 patched + New Image Manager module
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsCore/branches/tasks/2.4.2-luciorota-modulize_imagemanager%2Bfeature_2865026/

Please read help.html

sarahmx
Re: New Image Manager is growing...
  • 2010/1/10 1:23

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

Thank you
How do i download this ?

luciorota
  • 2010/1/10 6:50

• luciorota

• Module Developer

To Download: click on the link 'Download GNU tarball' at the bottom of the pages mentioned

mojtabajml
  • 2010/1/10 8:23

• mojtabajml

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/16

Thanks for your great work.
I create a new category and set permission to all groups.When unregistered user open pop_up image manager the whole site open in the pop_up and redirect to login page in this tiny window!

sarahmx
  • 2010/1/10 15:27

• sarahmx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/10/28

nice...

thank you...will test this further

luciorota
  • 2010/2/8 10:56

• luciorota

• Module Developer

New alpha here
http://luciorota.altervista.org/xoops/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=3&lid=16

What about including some features in next XOOPS releases?

This is an Enhanced version of Standard XOOPS Image Manager.
This module uses XOOPS Preload features.
With this version you can Edit images (functions: undo, resize, crop, mirror, flip, rotate; fliters: grayscale, sepia, pencil, emboss, blur, smooth, invert, brightness, contrast, colorize).
With this version you can Clone images.
With this version you can chose where upload images.
With this version you have extra image fileds .
With this version you have an enhanced version of "image.php" script.
With this version you can install, activate or deactivate an extra XOOPS tag, [newimg] tag.
With this version you have an enhanced version of popup image manager, "imagemanager.php" script.

redheadedrod

haven't tried this yet but are you looking to grow this into a replacement for Galleries as well?

Would be nice to grow it into something like the extGallery module but with separate folders for the different albums and such.

I have never used the Image Manager so I am not sure what its full intention as I always use FTP to upload any new pictures not intended to go into the gallery.

Rodney

aph3x
  • 2010/2/8 13:39

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

No, it will never replace a gallery module, its intended purpose is to facilitate use of images where not possible and not to replace modules. Look at the private messages and profiles to understand better, they were taken out of the core to make room for core improvements

Reason you haven't used it as much is because module devs don't make their modules to interact with it so its sort of a no man's land as is now

redheadedrod

Thanks for that brief explanation.. I made a mention before about providing hooks in modules and core so that modules could take advantage of things already in the system. And I believe now that sort of thing is included in the core and was one of the features included as of 2.4.0. Would be nice to see how well the hooks work and to hopefully start seeing modules using them to make life easier.

Of course such modules would only be compatible with 2.4.x and newer but the code should be much simpler if the programmers would use the hooks. It will also alienate older 2.0.x, 2.3.x and such but at some point you need to make a break...

Sounds like this version of Image Manager is growing into something pretty useful and makes me wonder if you can utilize these in a gallery module easily.

Rodney

aph3x
  • 2010/2/8 14:11

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

I hope modules will alienate 2.0.x because its holding developers back to give another example look at IE6 holding back the browsing experience..nice too see Google and other companies not supporting it anymore starting this spring :).
Same here, the more a dev is worried with backward compatibility with outdated versions, the less productive they are.
Modules don't really talk to each other as much as we'd like and the only one that did a pseudo-good job at this was the original wf-downloads where a download item process also gave possibility to create a news article and create a topic in forums, from that download item.

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits