Yeshua
updating from 2.3.1 - 2.3.3 ---already upgraded?
  • 2009/10/20 6:13

• Yeshua

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/3/1 2

I went to attempt to upgrade my site that has 2.3.1 according to my main system menu in the admin area up to 2.3.3b

I downloaded the full package of 2.3.3b, took the upgrade folder and place it on my webserver and accessed it via 'http://members.thebridgecommunitychurch.ca/upgrade/'

When I access it, it tells me: 'No upgrade necessary. Please remove this folder from your server'

I notice that there is no folder called something like 2.3.1-2.3.3

I then downloaded the 2.4.0 RC and looked in that for the folder that would upgrade between 2.3.1-2.3.3 but there is none.

Would this missing folder be why I cannot upgrade my system? Is there maybe something else that I am missing?

I also decided to see what would happen if I attempted to update to 2.4.0
It said that I was only missing the 'upd-2.3.3-to-2.4.0' update. The next update (upd-2.4.0a-to-2.4.0) is already there. (I do assume that the X means I don't have it installed and the ? (checkmark) means I do have it) I did not actually update it since I would prefer a fully supported/finished/stable version....

Any bright ideas? This is the first time for me updating my system. If I don't update it until 2.4 is out and ready, then oh well, I'm not too worried...but I wouldn't mind....

bumciach
Re: updating from 2.3.1 - 2.3.3 ---already upgraded?
  • 2009/10/20 6:42

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

Yesterday I did the upgrade (and also got 'No upgrade necessary'). But It seems that everything is OK. Changed the version number in the admin, so I suspect that the upgrade is completed. Only this message is somewhat misleading.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits